1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

If you want to continue discussion of the topic of the NEW books, please go here:

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by MerchantAtHome, Mar 17, 2009.

1. rockytriton

rockytriton Guest

or better yet, just grow up and get over it

2. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Perhaps some people actually care greatly about the shard and want to get as many people here as they can for the benefit of all. Perhaps some people wish to voice an opinion instead of just kowtowing at all the crass decisions made by people in life and in this game.

3. rockytriton

rockytriton Guest

yea I know but it seems like much ado about nothing, I didn't have a book at the bank to tell me about NEW but it took me about 30 seconds on playing on siege until someone told me about it. It just seems like a waste of energy to complain and protest about something so trivial.

4. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Adam and the folks at UOforums run a fine site. *nods* I have enjoyed many visits there myself.

5. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

6. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Although I highly doubt that you are man enough to do such a thing, but you should apologize to my guild after accusing us of having the books removed, which CLEARLY we did not.

7. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Stop being mad at each other on this issue. What is done is done, Move on and help this shard. If you want a permanant direction to NEW send in feed back. Quit bickering and come together.

We do not have New Haven. How about all new players come to Siege in the same place? Where can we go with that idea?

8. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

They do, the Britain Inn. But is a good idea to have Occlo useful, such a nice small friendly town.

9. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

So all new players start there?

10. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

I only ask cause I started in the middle of the freaking ocean...

11. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Unless they've changed it in the past 8 months, yes. It's kind of hard to test though for free.

12. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Occlo is a horrid place to start. Your stuck on an island. Needs to on the main land.

13. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Throw down a moongate and copy the trammel landscape and it has everything a newbie needs.

Realistically that is probably too much work for the devs.

14. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

And I'd suggest a new thread for this.. the current thread title doesn't match the changed subject.

15. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

You know, we could ask... The horrible fear of campers killing new characters aside. It would show how much we care.

16. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Make it so.

17. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Didn't you hear? I want to destroy the shard.

18. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

*smiles* That is my job. Just ask.

19. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I'm not mad at him. I simply do not appreciate the slandering of my guild. Sorry, Kelmo, you do not get to dictate how we feel about what happens here. You allowed the accusation. I'm am attempting to clean up your mess, as usual.

20. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

My comment was not directed at you Kat. Nor your guild. I know you folk. good people. *nods*

21. Nabber

Nabber Guest

You expect Kelmo to do his Job? good luck with that.

22. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have run into new players there quite often, especially if they begin with the *auto template* paladin. hrmm I have oft asked for a moongate OFF Ocllo for that reason...but mostly end up gating them off the isle myself..when they dare trust me to gate em to mainlands cities. ;) It is a lovely island for the most part ...save for the dark wisps at some places. :) Hang up everything else I am doing and just go fishin' for a while. Seriously thinking to move there myself although house spots plots are way smaller there than other areas.

Problem with auto putting them anywhere is...dev. team picks the same old world towns to trash with invasions and storylines time and time again so they make their new chr. and end up insta dead due to some horrid new story line gone old...monster spawns in many of the old world cities. Although I would rather they land at any of those than LUNA or even Umbra...cuz the old world towns are so forgotten if not abandoned by most.

-------back on topic--------

It is all the arguing over the incident. The books were there they were ok'd approved so they should have remained there. But all the bickering locks up all the threads and makes us all look like we nothing but a pile of temper tantrumers that never see eye to eye nor get along ever or so it looks at times . . we need our opinions, right to defend selves, etc. etc. or our guilds etc. or members there of, but it oft goes too far, & ends up he said she said they said, no he said she said they said ...resulting in massive temper flare ups all arguing hissy fitting finger pointing and ..poof threads .. LOCKED !