1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ike causes cancellation of Austin, TX meetup

Discussion in 'UO Lake Austin' started by Basara, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Well, I guess that is what you risk when you schedule anything within a hundred miles or so of the Gulf Coast from August to October.....:scholar:

You Texans be prepared - and you should start poking Jeremy asking for a reschedule date.

2. Parsifal

Parsifal Guest

Good point Gam!

Houston residents should take heed of the warnings. If anyone is interested the correlations with Hurricane Carla in 1961. I can supply them with a power point slide show of the effects from Carla.

I for one will not be retreating in the hype of the storm. My family and I are safe, being 70 miles inland close to 161 ft above mean sea level. All our thoughts are for the many who may not have the ability or the means to evacuate when called apon to do so. Please turn your efforts to those less fortunate.

3. 3 of my coworkers in MS and LA just got back into full swing from Gustav. MS didn't get it too hard except for the fallen wires and crap ... but the 2 in LA ... whole other story there. One just got her lights back last night.