1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I'm a bit confused here......

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by AntiOTF, Dec 16, 2007.

1. AntiOTF

AntiOTF Guest

I thought the devs said that bods would become a lot easier? I am a legendary smith holding a +60 hammer, and so far I've gotten worst BOD's than I ever have before. The BOD's I'm getting are by far the crappiest BOD's on the entire shard. Is there a reason for this?

2. Jason619

Jason619 Guest

Did they even implement it yet?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

It has not been implemented yet, Jeremy posted in Wilki's post that it would be one of the changes patched through after the new year.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Also, he didn't exactly specify which new year.

5. didnt think holding hammers affected that at all, am I wrong?

6. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

ASH's have no effect on BOD pulls. It's all based upon real skill.

After the change there will finally be a benefit to pulling BODs with Elder and Legendary skills.

7. Masumatek

Masumatek Guest

Hopefully the changes never come. It will just make the game more item-based and it will just hurt REAL crafters more.

8. AntiOTF

AntiOTF Guest

<blockquote><hr>

didnt think holding hammers affected that at all, am I wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it may have many many moons ago, but I gave up on using crafters long tie ago, so a not up to date on what works and what doesn't anymore. Just recently pulled my crafter off the shelf after hearing about the new changes. But if hammers don't affect BOD pulls, and is based on real skill, then I think tailsman shouldn't affect crafting either. Why allow one to help, and not the other?

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Talismans don't affect BoD pulls either.

Talismans increase your over all chance to succeed at making something, and/or to make it exceptional. They do not add you your skill total, unlike ASH which do when they're used for crafting.

As an example: A master smith can not make plate legs - if he equips an ASH that will raise his skill to the point where he can make them. If he equips a talisman that will only give him a better chance to make items already within his capabilities, he still can't make plate legs.