1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Im Annoyed that my Quiver of Rage....

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Omnicron, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Omnicron

Omnicron Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I understand it needed to be redone or what ever, but did you guys have to change it back to the original color. Now I have to burn another Tok Dye charge to make it match my suit. ..

gah. That green color it is, is gross.

2. Landicine

Landicine Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Just checked my archer. The color got reset. This really stinks. The going rate for pigments on my shard is about 6 million, so that's 120k per charge. While I can afford it, it still bothers me:

"Dear player, because of some cheaters, we are going to make your item less useful and take 120k from you. "

I went on test center to test the new vet rewards, and because of the anti-cheater placement tool code, it took me longer to place a house. I'm so freaking glad I don't have to do that on a real shard where there is a lot less space. I'm so sick of being punished because of cheaters (assuming of course this change is because of cheaters).

3. That's ridiculous.

I'm beginning to wonder if they have anyone left up there that knows how a computer works...

4. Landicine

Stratics Veteran

Does anyone know if the same thing happened when pre-patch Taskmasters or Talon Bites were switched? My old Talon Bite wasn't dyed when it switched over.

5. jelinidas

jelinidas Guest

Im scared to look, but, I will be pissed. I have no more charges of that color left. Perhaps I'll page a GM and wait for my canned response. :coco:

6. GL_Seller

GL_Seller Guest

Ya this is a complete joke. I made a post about this same thing earlier today and no response to either of these threads. I have the gold to dye my quivers back thats not the point. The point is they screwed something up yet again. I have 2 quivers dyed that now are back to the normal spawn color.

Any devs want to comment on this crap or anything going to be done about it?

7. Omnicron

Omnicron Stratics Legend

dude i had like twelve quivers all died. Each archer wore one, and had two in there pack..one full of arrows on full of bolts. ALL were dyed.

8. Sneaky Que

Sneaky Que Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Serves you all right for playing archers!

j/k :p

9. Landicine

Stratics Veteran

I think this shows the advantage of having test center be a mirror of an actual shard so these bugs are testable. I didn't think to dye a quiver of rage on test center prior to the patch. When test is a copy of LS, I generally check anything that is going to be affected by the patch.

Sorry Omnicron that you lost that much. Ouch. If it makes you feel any better, you'll probably get more use out of other quivers after this patch. Maybe it is time to retire those quivers to the secure of shame.

10. jelinidas

jelinidas Guest

Yup, they are green again. I only had two dyed, but still sucks.

11. Don't know if this happened to anyone else, but I dyed my Quiver of Rage another color last night and then logged-out. When I logged back in it was the ORIG color again!!!!

Did this happen to anyone else? I don't want to keep wasting charges if it will revert back...

12. BbqLou

BbqLou Visitor

You've got to be kidding me, please tell me this thread was a joke.

13. jelinidas

jelinidas Guest

Great. Now im pissed that the color got changed AND scared to re dye it.

um Devs...care to comment?

14. Doomsday Dragon

Doomsday Dragon Visitor

Quiver of rage sucks I use nothing but infinity on my chars. Still I would have been pissed off if I logged in and one of my quivers was undyed because they felt they needed to "fix" it.

15. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

We're looking into it now - the initial color change was probably unavoidable, due to the way the game handles item data, but I don't think it should be reverting every day or anything.

16. Landicine

Stratics Veteran

I think the old mods on the Quiver were pretty good. Assuming something didn't have crazy cold resist, the 10% direct damage usually gave a slight damange increase over Infinity. The new mods are pretty poor since unless the creature has 3-4 resists that are lower than one, I'd rather use Infinity. Also, archer paladins can just use Infinity + Consecrate Weapon.

17. We arent allowed to have dyed quivers anymore? Whos bright idea was that?

18. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

It sounds more like all quivers were replaced with new ones, but they didn't bother to make sure the new quivers kept the color of the old.

I wouldn't mind seeing a link to something with more information on why this was done.

Edit: Ah, here we go. From the Pub 55 notes:

So to do this, they must've replaced all items.

Edit again: Previously, the damage mods were -

Damage Modifier 10%
    10% Direct Damage
    40% Physical Damage
    50% Cold Damage

Though apparently the direct damage bit was hidden.

19. Omnicron

Omnicron Stratics Legend

So I did some testing with my freshly new dyed quiver. It did revert to its og color after I redyed it.

Then I decided to see what the new one was like in the field. Its WORTHLESS now. Case in point. I was "dueling"(if thats what you can call two archers fighting each other)..and I was hitting him for 33-38 damage. I put the quiver on and then hit him for 22-24!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tried this a few times, same results.

So I took my quivers off and put my QoI for the DCI and said screw it.

20. drfunk

drfunk Guest

the devs said it would fix itself in a FOF. they said wait til pub 56... so wait....

check the latest fof.