1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I'm coming back

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Pojman, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pojman

Pojman Guest

So.... I am one of those, "I started playing UO in 1998, and I think its the best game ever" kind of guys. After being away from UO for 4 years (2008), I have decided to come back and see whats up.

I sold my account and all of my stuff when I left, so I have absolutely nothing to come back to. I absolutely love the PvP in UO, and I am craving it again.

My questions are these:
    1.) What is the most populated server? When I quit, it was Atlantic.
    2.) What server has the best PvP at this point in time?
    3.) I played Pacific from 1998-2008, is Pacific still a fun shard?
    4.) This game is not dead is it?

Thanks!

2. legendsguy

legendsguy Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Still Atlantic. Noo, it's not dead. UO is still up and kickin'! It will never diieeee!!!!

Eaerendil and DJAd like this.
  3. Pojman

Pojman Guest

Any idea on the average server population during primetime?

4. sativa green

sativa green Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

not sure on how many people are on during prime time, but atlantic is definitely where the pvp is at.

5. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Welcome Back! :)

6. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

Always good to see a returnee! Welcome Back.

7. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Welcome Back.

8. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Pojman, welcome back. Had an alliance member mention you yesterday and he was squealing like a boy band fan. Apparently he had purchased one of your armor suits back in the day so it was like him meeting a celebrity. heh. If you stick around on Pacific, let me know. You're welcome to join one of our guilds. It really helps to have alliance/guild chat to keep you informed of what's going on in the world of UO!

9. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Since Driven's posts were deleted, let's try a different tact.

This guy, Pojman, had a dozen vendors around Luna on Pacific, each packed full with pieces of barbed runic and valorite runic crafted armor. Almost all were excellent to uber pieces priced in the millions. This is fact. Every piece bore his maker's mark "Crafted by Pojman"

I don't know about you but when I've crafted using barbed runic kits, almost 50% or more is usually junk and I've used a lot of barbed kits. There wasn't any junk armor on this guy's vendors.

You do the math. Figure it out for yourself. An extraordinary exorbitant amount of uber armor, a very large chunk of it valorite runic crafted samurai plate, more valorite runics then were supposed to be spawned on the shard in 10 years at that time.

Again people, this is not speculation. People do have screenshots of this guy's vendors and all the uber armor for sale.

This is far from my usual type of post but I believe all should know that this guy isn't worth having back.

10. Pojman

Pojman Guest

Well... I think I actually had more like 40 vendors all stocked with runic/val crafted pieces.

Whats wrong with that? This just means that I enjoyed crafting.

11. Ezekiel Zane

Yeah sure. That's what it means alright.

12. Pojman

Pojman Guest

It is true that I sold a large quantity of val/runic items, and I had a blast doing it. I had countless customers, and (for the most part) overwhelming support from the UO community. I really do not need to defend myself for anything I did - everything I did do was above water. All I ever did was buy/sell, I never broke a single rule. I had plenty of gold to buy the vals/runics that I used, and I made plenty of gold in return. I used an internet site that would search all Luna items to find the best deals, and I bought as low as possible, and sold as high as the market would allow. Pretty simple, there were no tricks up my sleeve.

The fact that I had such a high number of items for sale, reflects the amount of business I was doing - thats all..

How many people in UO do you know that can afford to buy bulk quantities of runics.. I know an aweful lot. I was just one of the people that were willing to gamble my money for the chance of getting good gear.

13. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

everything I did do was above water................................ I used an internet site that would search all Luna items

You contradicted yourself there :)

But I had a friend who did the same as you..without the unmentionable website :) His joy was making runic armor..I still have the suit he made for me back in the day. Lord Ivan Hammerfist....he bought barbed kits whenever he saw them, and made me do bods for more! And he had literally hundreds of pieces of armor, I'd help him sort and organize....max storage in his house and 99% of it was armor!

To each his own..I think insinuating certain things has no place on the public forums, and I'm glad you decided to come back. I took a break as well...and was very glad I came back. If you do still enjoy crafting, it's alot different now with Imbuing and reforging...but it's still alot of fun!

14. Ezekiel Zane

Nobody is insinuating anything. I've done BODs almost since their beginning. It is a fact that at that time, no more than one maybe two valorite runic hammers would spawn per shard per year. This was stated by a dev. Then those were spread amongst several people with the large BOD and small BODs and different shards.

This guy had 100s and 100s of valorite runic crafted armor peices, by his own admission. A valorite runic hammer only makes 15 items and half of those will likely be mediocre or worse. There is but one conclusion and everyone knows it. Those hammers were ALL duped.

You really happy this guy is coming back? Whatever.

15. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

Not sure if I'd start yelling for bans to be handed out.. but...
    Whether the allegations are true or not is irrelevant.

I don't see how anything like this could be proven beyond any doubt.. and I've always felt it wise to hold my tongue until such time I had proof in hand.

16. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

I think it's time we put a lock on this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.