1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I'm Confused about Shadowlords

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Parnoc, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I accepted Andrew's glass dagger on one of my characters which I guess made me align with the Shadowlords. Do I have to go to the Shadowlords guildstone and actually join the faction or am I already set for the event by accepting this dagger? Is this event being held partially or wholly in Fel?

2. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Yes you will have to join and from what i heard the glass dagger is actually "good" and the shadowlords will recieve an evil version.

3. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Per the announcement, you will have to join the Faction.

-Galen's player

4. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

Umm....What? Where did you hear this? The Andrew event suggested rather plainly and non-subtly that accepting the dagger meant signing up with the Shadowlords.

-Galen's player

5. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

The glass daggers have already been used.

Are you telling me you "took" a dagger and then failed to show up at the appointed time to assassinate the counsel?!

We know who you are, where you live, who your friends are...
    and we don't take disloyalty lightly.

(I'd really like to know more about our card readings since this stuff "seems" to be coming into play)

6. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Sorry my memory is shot i barely remember waht andrew said.

I misinterpreted this post...dont know how but i did :

Draconi_EA
    UO Lead Designer

Posts: 343 Re: Should we have to join a specific faction to partake in an event?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Deb
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this mentioned back during the
    Moonglow event? When we went in the hole and chose sides. I seem
    to recall that we would choose between Shadowlords or ??. The
    event when we got the glass daggers. Or is that something totally
    different and I am just senile

You not only remember correctly, but this event will use a darker version of the glass daggers Andrew previously endowed the faithful with.

7. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

From the context....Well, "the faithful" still appears to those who follow the Shadowlords.

So the daggers you will get this weekend also will represent being among "the faithful," but they will be "darker." Whether this means yet-more-threatening or yet-more-dangerous, or just maybe physically darker!!, we don't yet know. But, at least for my part, nothing about that post leads me to believe that getting the Glass Dagger didn't symbolize allying one's self with the SLs. Whether or not there is some kind of consequence for this remains to be seen, however.

-Galen's player

8. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Yea as i said i mis read it, Draconi says in the first line you are correct (meaning that if you got a dagger you alligned with the shadowlords).

Im gna assume, that the Alliegence is similar to the COM/TB factions...They both serve good but neither are allies...if that makes sense.

So Even though there both aligned the same way they arent allies...wheras SL is the Servants of the shadowlords in sosaria (directly allied)

9. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

Yep, you did say that.

I need more coffee today....I seem to only be reading about every other line of everyone's posts.

:(

-Galen's player

10. RichDC

RichDC Guest

So am i thats how i got in that mess in the first place lol