1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I'm confused about Stealing

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by Speranza, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Speranza

Speranza Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Ok so I have 100 stealing (Jeweled) But i can't steal anything..... I was able to nab a bunch of stuff from a guild mate and not be in the thieves guild (hehehehehe) but when I hit the underground I spent 30 minutes trying to get an artifact rarity 3.... I had to leave empty handed after trying a few other things.

Am I just in RNG hell or did I miss something? Does monster aggro matter? Does it base it off real skill to pick up and jewel skill to attempt?

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

It's more about the item weight than the artifact rating.

3. Speranza

Speranza Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Thanks, so how do I tell the weight if it's not listed and apply this to my skill so I can stop wasting time? Item database?

Also where can I find the current math for weight? I can steal more weight than I thought I could after reading UO Guide. (IE I was doing 15 stones at 60 skill)

4. the_gooch

the_gooch Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

http://www.uoguide.com/Stealing

Scroll down that link and it has the calculations. As far as the stones if you want to know id look them up on a item database so you can have a better idea of what youre trying to grab.