1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] I'm confused ! I'm I not doing this right ?

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by olduofan, Sep 3, 2009.

1. olduofan

olduofan Guest

ok so I went from 50 to 71.5 fishing on dot island and then it slowed down after reading threads here on what to do at 70 fishing i went to yew ran west launched my boat sailed west and found sever line crossed it came back over it stated sail slow forward north NO gains the only time i get a gain is on the way out to the sever line what i,m i doing wrong ?
  2. nothing I can see, except give it time, gains are not going to pour from a bucket, more like drips from a slow leak. Good luck with your training.
  3. Patience is key! Fish for an hour or two a day. Sometimes you'll gain many, sometimes you'll gain none but be thankful you don't have to gain to legendary. :)
  4. Reinzeld

Reinzeld Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Aug 11, 2004
    It'd actually be cool if they'd take it up to 120, and give us some new things to fish up that might have a little better loot.
  5. King Durango

King Durango Guest

I'm so glad I GMed fishing when 8x8 was active. It worked so well!
  6. I hope they never give us PS in the skills left.
  7. Mitzlplik_SP

Mitzlplik_SP Guest

I don`t know if its true or not but I understood there was varying depths the further you get from the server line. If your 70ish try to go out from the line maybe 5 or 6 tiles.I think your in deep water after 11 or 12. I mean you can be on a boat right on the line at 0 skill and gain. At 70ish being right on the line would strike me as the same as standing on shore casting 3 feet out.I moved away from the line but staying within the shallow water mark until 80. Worked great for me.