1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I'm enjoying SA.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by guum, Sep 9, 2009.

1. guum

guum Guest

Sure, there are things I don't like about it, and I'm a little bummed about the GD nerf, but on the whole, there's a ton of stuff to do, lots of new things to find, and I'm totally ADD over what to do next.

Some things I really do like:

-The Puzzle Board & Rewards in the Abyss. The puzzles are a little annoying, but it's a nice new way to earn some cool stuff.
    -24 Hour Timer gone from soulstones. Full soulstones are just fantastic now. I'm going to try to put together a full set, I think. One for each skill.
    -That neato shroud that everyone's wearing. It looks good, it's got good stats, and it's relatively easy to get.
    -All the new knicknacks that drop in Ter Mur & the Abyss. I don't know what half of 'em do, but I'm collecting them anyway.
    -Stains. I can't find colored plants anywhere on my shard, so I had to go out and hunt down some colored seeds today, but I'm looking forward to making some of these things once my plants grow.

Yay.

2. Saunders

Saunders Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I'm looking forward to making stains.

In game, obviously.

3. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

But but.. oh never mind, I nominate this for quote of the day!

4. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

1. Dude are you serious? That's awesome.
    2. Easy to get if you're not on a high population shard.

5. guum

guum Guest

Yeah, they're camped, but the drop rate is so high that those camping it last night gave me one so I could be on my way. And this morning I was the only one there for about 45 minutes. This is on Chessy, which isn't that low pop. I'm sure they're tougher to come by on Atlantic, but give it a week.

6. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Guess there are less ******nozzles on Chesapeake than on Great Lakes then.

7. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

24 Hour Timer gone from soulstones.

You serious?

8. guum

guum Guest

As far as the shroud goes, I'd just do something else for a couple of days. They're going to be common as dirt soon, and once that happens, the dude won't be camped at all.

9. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I can't even get a key though.

10. guum

guum Guest

Yeah, if they aren't letting you at least get your kill for the quest, I'd say that they're just a bunch of d-bags.

11. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

WHAT? I missed that patch note! :drool:
    *does the happy dance*

12. guum

guum Guest

I think it was a stealth change. I don't remember seeing it in the notes either. A guildy gave me the heads up.

13. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It is a good change... being that we are going to be swapping skills in and out in order to find how to incorporate the new skills.

Too bad throwing is only for Gargs. Made boomerangs and the other two only to find they are garg only. :(

14. Raider Red

Raider Red Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

hey there is nothing wrong with making stains in the real world.I did it for 4 years while working at kelly moore paints.after 4 years and a few lost brains cells(who needs drugs when you can smell laquer all day hehe) I was quite the expert at stain making.

but heck yeah it ha been neat to see all the changes that have come down especially the removal of the 24 hour timer.

15. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I'm having a great time! When I hit 60 imbuing (in 1.7 points) I'm going to make some clippers and go clip some plants. :) And then at some point today/tonight I'm going to redo the floor of my vendor keep with borderless goza/carpeting, and look up the information for getting quest rugs. :heart:

16. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I need to get to training imbuing so I can get some decent jewelry and weapons :/

17. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

That is the best news I've heard all day. Since Monday afternoon I've been in the process of reassigining skills on my main account, which is a slow complicated process with only 5 stones and 7 characters. Now I can go home and get it all done in less than 15 minutes.

18. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

It is not bad to train. I am making butcher knives (2 ingots per) then imbuing them with things like hit poison area, which uses a magical residue and an emerald up till 10% then needs 2 emeralds. Anyways, I do that and when I'm successful I unravel it and get 1-3 magical residue back. This way I don't need too much residue, I really only end up using ingots and gems which I have tons of. I am doing well to unravel stuff when it has around a 50% success chance.

BTW if you want a lot of weapons/wands/armor to unravel (which gets you gains up to 25 I think, I just made a new char with imbuing at 50) I recommend doing treasure chests. You get lots of items in them and of course from the guardian monsters. I bought a bunch of unravel bags and then put them items right in the bags so I don't have to move them from bag to bag to unravel. :thumbsup:

19. J.B.

J.B. Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Boy is that the truth, Dido on liking SA, exept the nurfing of the Greater Dragons

20. Cyrah

Cyrah Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

It is something to do, so tyvm devs for that. :)

Most has been fun , well NOT the "designed for greedy players cloak key" room.

Really, really like Vollum, platinum dragon, open air market in Ter Mur. (nothing new for sale tho) The stairway thing you fall off of is sneaky clever! lol (on way to cloak) Chicken lizards! Coops yay! The bouras... lots to like!

Btw when is the 12th anniversary? The 11th was so memorable...

21. Taka

Taka Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Ya, So do I.... SA come with tons of new stuff, The greatest news must be the Soulstone. We no longer have to wait a day, OSI just make my day again haha and I bet alot of pvper will enjoy the fix on Super Greater Dragon too.... Never PvP with a tamer , Thank god they fix it haha... :party:

Taka
    Chessepake 1999 to 2004 (CGH GM)
    Formosa 2004 to 2009 (LGH GM)
    Hokoto 2009 to ???? (Z3RO GM)

Traveling around the World Of UO...

22. guum

guum Guest

Something else:

-When using sacrifice to self-rez, your gear is automatically re-equipped now. Is it my imagination, or didn't it used to just stick it all in your pack?

You still rez with like 1 HP and no mana though (pretty silly for a power that only can be used 3 times a week that actually requires effort to level up), but it's definitely an improvement.