1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I'm livid with UO support!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by El Pollo Loco, Jul 5, 2012.

1. El Pollo Loco

El Pollo Loco Visitor

A few days ago I purchased the Stygian Abyss upgrade code. I went to apply the code to my main account, typed it in, then typed in the captcha image. Well, the captcha image didn't jive with what I had typed in, so the page refreshed with a new one. I retyped it in and hit submit. Much to my dismay, when the page refreshed, it defaulted to my secondary account and applied the code to that. I called EA tech support who said they couldn't help me, and told me to email UO support, which i did. I waited 3 days to hear back from them and when I did, they told me that they couldn't fix the issue because I had logged in to my account. NOWHERE did it say ANYTHING about not logging back in to my account. What was I supposed to do, not log in to the account I pay money for? This is crap!!!

2. Penana Car

Penana Car Journeyman

Well, they've got your money so I don't think they see any issue at all. Best bet is to buy another upgrade code - and voila! Stygian Abyss.

3. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Very similar thing happened to me... except the account it defaulted to already had the upgrade. Let me tell you I was tickled pink to pay for the upgrade twice on the same account. Went through the whole support "quest" only to be told there was nothing they could do. To top it off, I had purchase the code during one of the EA promotions and by the time they finally decided there was nothing they could do, the promotion had ended and they refused to honor the promotional price on the third upgrade. EA CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS DA BOMB!

4. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

rep·re·hen·si·ble

   [rep-ri-hen-suh-buhl] Show IPA
    adjective
    deserving of reproof, rebuke, or censure; blameworthy.

(yes, went to dictionary (dot) com to make sure I was using the correct word)

Shelleybean likes this.
  5. Ryna

Ryna Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Just a question, have you tried applying the code to the proper account again?
    I only ask because when I tried to apply an upgrade code to the wrong account, it denied me and the code was still usable.

6. El Pollo Loco

El Pollo Loco Visitor

Yes I tried this. It didn't work. Im so angry about this!

7. Nails Warstein

Nails Warstein Rares Festival Silent Auctioneer
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron Ultima Broker

EA still owes me $35.95 in account management errors from January. No amount of phone calls, emails to Mesanna has accomplished anything. Either they simply don't care, or maybe in Mesanna's case have no authority to do anything. Once upon a time you'd get a free game time code for this type of situation. Now your just SOL.