1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I'm making an AMAZING suit but am town between 2 routes to take. Vote Please

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Mithryl Elves, Nov 24, 2013.

?

Which Option Would You Go?

1. Option #1

69.2%
  2. Option #2

30.8%
  1. Mithryl Elves

Mithryl Elves Elves Suck
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Here's the suit as it stands. Lets vote on what it could be.

(GARGOYLE SUIT)
    45% Defense Chance Increase
    100% Lower Reagent
    40 Lower Mana Cost
    2/6 Casting
    15% Spell Damage Increase
    50% Enhance Potions
    12% Casting Focus
    20 HP Regeneration
    8 Stamina Regeneration
    23 Mana Regeneration
    17% Damage Eater
    Resists are all over 70's with 85 Fire
    5 Dex
    30 Mana Increase

AND HERE IS WHERE I'm TORN

Do I go with

OPTION#1 17 Damage Eater, 30 Fire Eater, 20 HP Increase

OPTION#2 17 Damage Eater, 15 Fire Eater, 25 HP Increase
    (Wasted mod with this option on Fire Eater but I gain 5 HP Increase)

I am leaning toward 30 Fire Eater and losing the 5 HP Increase because I think I make those HP's up easily because of fire damage spells. What do you guys think though?

2. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

30 fire all day every day..

The thing is..I assume your using the 2% dmg sandals..to hit the 17..why not switch for fire ones and go 17 fire 15 dmg and get the 25 hpi 3% isn't exactly game breaking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Mithryl Elves

Mithryl Elves Elves Suck

I think with EP, chugging STR pots im at 150 HP cap anyways. the Fire Eater is likely a no brainer here.

cazador likes this.
  4. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Now an awesome suit would be..
    30 fire/30 kinetic/15 dmg 120 RPD 100 lrc 2fc 18hpr/20mr 55lmc 55 ssi 212 stam necro thrower suit! C'mon Mith you got the gold awe us!!

5. Mithryl Elves

Mithryl Elves Elves Suck

Haha I bet its close to possible. Dont get me started I have enough projects!

6. Mithryl Elves

Mithryl Elves Elves Suck

OH SNAP I GET BOTH!

I was using the shadow cloak of rejuvination and just switched to the unforgiven veil. I needed to imbue fire to get resists right, LMC and LRC on the last piece. Now since I dont need to waste a mod in resists I can add the 5 HP. HELLZ YAHZ

CovenantX and cazador like this.
  7. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Can you post pics? I'd love to see your masterpiece suit part by part.

Lord Frodo and DJAd like this.
  8. Voodoo Bad Mojo

Voodoo Bad Mojo Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 4H

going into dog form or having a bard running mastery would get you up to like 40 HPR which would be nice for a tank.
    or have both going for like 60 HPR.

9. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Well if you can "Get it all' then that's awesome... I'm guessing that you just have some Greater to Legendary Items that make the suit for a Garg, but ultimately wouldn't you prefer that suit as a human? I'm always put off on the whole Garg thing simply bc Faction Mounts are so useful. That's a pretty useful all around suit Myst / Necro / Weaver Mage etc.. but can I ask which template you plan on using it on? I'm thinking Myst Mage of some sort just to take advantage of the Garg / RC thing but then again I usually don't include 50% EP on my Myst suits simply bc the Stone is "GOOD enough" & it lets me put those Mods into other areas... Hmm... the resists ALL over 70 though? I guess 85 Fire if your somehow going up against necro mages that don't ALSO curse you but typically 75 Fire / Poison is enough to END up at 60 resist which is where curse will put you anyway. You could be keeping your options open for refining though which is something to think about. I hand't considered that the increase from 70 --> 75 Resist is basically like adding 20% Damage Eater All (for purposes of non-direct Dmg at least). Anyway.... Screenshots !

10. Mithryl Elves

Mithryl Elves Elves Suck

There are 2 shame pieces in it. One being the stone mage armor sleeves that Soulweaver just got. Its fully medable because like you said I do want to keep the options open. Its also all 70's even though I'll play it as a scribe mystic. In some situations I'll drop scribe to add spellweaving for winding. I am a HUGE fan of garg remount even over faction mounts though man. Though you cannot dodge a bola anywhere near as easily you do remount MUCH faster than an ethy. Usually if I have a dexxer on me and I remount right on his swing I'm mounted if he misses before his next swing. I'm a fan of not having a mount for sure. Especially if it turns to a choke situation.

Dead on about the 50% EP on a mystic template. It will just help with cures, strengths, etc but I'll use the heal stone for heals. However, if I change over to a necro mage or something else along the way I planned for the suit to be versatile. It would be so simple to stop at 65 of each resist then cast reflect and reactive but versatility rocks.

11. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Can I as a dumb question? Do you plan on running protection? If not, how do you keep your healing going? Am I right in my belief that the 2/6 casting is negated completely by protection?

Vexxed likes this.
  12. Mithryl Elves

Mithryl Elves Elves Suck

Nope no protection. protection = bad

13. Mithryl Elves

Mithryl Elves Elves Suck

Oh and yes 2/6 is negated by casting protection.

14. Goldberg-Chessy

Goldberg-Chessy Crazed Zealot

12 casting focus?

Are you specifically trying to not be hardcore old school or just planning on joining a HOT guild?

15. Orgional Farimir

Orgional Farimir Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I hate to break the news to you, but there are no "hard core old schoolers" left. If there were you would see naked tank magesvrunning with just regs and a halberd.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  16. Mithryl Elves

Mithryl Elves Elves Suck

I could care less about being old school or honorable in this game anymore man. I'm going to gimp it up as much as the next guy then tell him how bad he is when I kill him. Its my playstyle now. Screw dueling, rezzing someone after you kill them and asking people if they want to pvp. Your reference about HOT went over my head though. The year that I've been back to UO I've been in HI5.

I almost made a suit that didnt require LRC:) Noone will ever see me in a skirt ever again though...

17. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I would go for the fire eater, the 5hp aint much compared to the damage you eat.

18. Lord X

Lord X Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Course thats going with the theory that eaters actually DO something.

19. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Don't make me.... imbue a halberd mage weapon. you know I will ! (the naked part is already done!)

20. Orgional Farimir

Stratics Veteran

You don't use regs,

21. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Oh I already have my -15 balanced halberd on my scribe Mage who just so happens to wear a skirt and jester shirt :) too bad I can't fit hotm in :(

CovenantX likes this.
  22. CovenantX

Stratics Veteran

Ok, but technically I'm naked resist wise... I've just become to spoiled with LRC I guess.

23. Mithryl Elves

Mithryl Elves Elves Suck

Someday man. Someday EA will figure out that they can either give us a dress option for a decoration look on the paperdoll and in game. One that hides what we actually wear. It cant be too hard to give us a tool/deed/etc that changes the image of say glasses into the hat of the magi image either. There's still a lot that they can do with this game I think.

24. CovenantX

Stratics Veteran

I see you're able to get both options by switching something out, but the HPI (5) is more important then 15-30 Fire eater. Reason being, if you're taking damage the eater won't do anything unless you live long enough for it to finally start healing.

If you die in a sync dump Eater does absolutely nothing. Eater has a 3 second delay man, HP<HPR<Eaters

Eaters = stop taking damage for 3 seconds (or accumulate 20 hits worth of damage to eat) before it does anything.

25. Mithryl Elves

Mithryl Elves Elves Suck

I dont get sync dumped a whole lot though man. Especially with 12 of us all having the same name.
    This suits still not done. Been trying to make leggings now that are imbueable from a horned kit. It has to have 2 CF and 15 Fire Eater on it. PAIN IN THE TITS TO MAKE.

26. Orgional Farimir

Stratics Veteran

Back in the day all the hard core PvPers wore black skirts with a tastefully colored half apron. We also kept dye tubs in the bank so we always matched and looked good.

The Zog historian likes this.
  27. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I feel compelled to point out that HPR is caped at 18 on items, I am sure you can do a switch out for more stam regen or something. Nice suit though.

#27 Nyses, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  28. Goldberg-Chessy

Goldberg-Chessy Crazed Zealot

It wasn't really meant at you bud :)

And I think you know what I meant about old school. I am personally not one of them but there are still a few very good mages that attempt to duel and pvp with natural skill instead of items. These players are amazingly talented and simply like to fight 1 vs 1 and take out as many variables as possible so that it is as honest and skilled a fight as possible.
    And cf and pots among other things most certainly do not get used

29. Mithryl Elves

Mithryl Elves Elves Suck

Yah I know where you were going with it bro. It does suck that those old school duelists havent made the change tho man. I think the majority of it is all they have ever cared about it pvping and dont take the time to learn all that goes into playing this game. Theres a lot to keep up with. I have two of them that still play the game (Being Careless and mr.blackmage) but they were lucky enough that I was able to pull them through all teh changes with me. Had I not taken teh time to keep up with it though we would all be gone from the game I'm pretty certain of that.

30. Obsidian

Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

So is anyone using arties for one of the 6 traditional suit pieces anymore? Or is it all reforged-imbued-enhanced items and Shame loot? If so, what arties are you incorporating?

31. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I still use some arties on some of my suit builds, I use the M&S glasses, Tinker legs, Berserkers breastplate, Protecter of the Battle Mage, Kelp legs, and sometimes the glad collar. That is just off the top of my head.

32. Obsidian

Sorry. I meant in relation to PvP mages as discussed in this thread. I certainly use some of those for other character types too.

33. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

34. Mithryl Elves

Mithryl Elves Elves Suck

My suit still is not done but it is all reforged pieces and or Shame pieces.Artys used are Slither, LT Sash, Cincture, Garb and the Damage Eater boots.

Here's the best piece in it. It came out of Shame obviously.
    [​IMG]

I dont think its possible to make this suit without the changes to Garg necklaces and earrings (Can reforge now) unless you get very lucky in Shame of course. This imo may be the best piece in the suit too. I did a fistpump irl when I made this lol.
    [​IMG]

Lord Frodo, DJAd and Obsidian like this.
  35. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

What did your Val Hammer Reforged Earrings come out to be??

I just did some quick searching around & I hadn't considered the added Reforging strength that a Val Hammer offers.. It seems possible to do a 6 Charge Barbed Kit Reforge and end up with...

15% Damage Eater / 2 Casting Focus / 3 HPR / 3 MR / 20% LRC... but your VAL Hammer produced 25% LRC.. nice...! wonder what other possibilities the Val Hammer offers.. A Garg Mage suit allows some added intensity simply bc there's 2 pieces Earrings / necklace that can be Val. hammer Refoged vs a typical Elf / Human suit where you have to have leather pieces to get that MR from Meditation... Though I guess you could technically do an all Metal Med Armor on a Myst Mage though I'd only try that with Meduim armor for 55% LMC.... Interesting though!

36. Mithryl Elves

Mithryl Elves Elves Suck

Yes, IMO a Garg Mage suit is hands down the best possible way to make a suit in game right now. Players argue that the benefit of having a mount to dodge bolas is the deciding factor of staying human. I argue that me dropping to bola and not having a pet poisoned on me outweighs it. A lot of people are dieing right now because of my bolas. My favorite benefit though is when I'm bolad. I am able to run a second or two to make sure no spells are incoming that will reveal me when i Giant Turkey Feather to hide to remount. When a dexxer is on me if I time it right I'm also remounted between his swings. If he misses one I'm flying again. But then like you just stated there are the actual statistical reasons as to why a garg suit is better. Heres the earrings. I'm contemplating making a different one because I would rather the 8 int be 20+ LRC. The chances however of getting the 6 perfect mods that I want are slim though. OH btw, you seem to get 6 mods on Val and Barbed kit made Garg items WAY more than human. Yet another reason:)

[​IMG]