1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I'm not hearing voices anymore

Discussion in 'UHall' started by ZippyTwitch, Dec 1, 2009.

1. ZippyTwitch

ZippyTwitch Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Anyone else that is blackrock infected not hearing voices anymore? I miss my unseen buddy that says Hi to me everytime I log in.

2. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Not hearing them either.

3. falseprophet

falseprophet Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I got a message on all mine a few weeks ago, that said something to the effect that the blackrock was no longer affecting you but something is not right in the world. not sure what is was about but I think it had to do with the Shadowlord invasion.

4. Ahuaeyjnkxs

Ahuaeyjnkxs stranger diamond

at least you guys don't have moongates entraining elaborate philosophical conversations with you...

5. Otis Firefly

Otis Firefly Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

stop taking the meds...the voices will return lmfao

6. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

The Shadowlords are gone.

-Galen's player

7. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

Barry in Luna?

If so that's not only you.

-Galen's player

8. Ahuaeyjnkxs

Who is that supposed to be ? And how did it figure out what I was typing before I pressed enter ?

I'm pissed at that Barry thing... it interrupted me thrice !

Of course the shadowlords are gone, I ate them, Ahu sacrificed itself for that purpose ; but of course as usual, noone will ever care about that. Anyways...

Barry ? :rant2:

9. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

At the start of the last Shadowlord event i got the message telling me that i had been cured of my blackrock infection. I have never been able to infect anything with blackrock since then either, but i still cary a bit around with me just incase

10. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, unfortunately against our will, we got cured. Our friendly little voice has left us.

11. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I find myself eating candy now to get a friendly messages.... I miss my Blackrock madness

12. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Yeah, I got a Jolly Rancher infection from it. :D

13. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

never was BR infected, but no BR infectd attacks from cows and stuff for my Elf miner. also, in the last 2 outings for ore, I got no BR at all ... as compared to 2-4 small pieces each trip.

I wonder if it's all shut off now?

14. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Might have something to do with the opening of the way to the underworld.

15. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

It was posted in the patch notes at the beginning of the shadowloard story arch that the blackrock infection would be cured.

16. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

I like that this has to be asked on a forum.
    I know there was supposed to be a message for the infected, but I never saw one when I logged my character in.

I like how it just seems to have been cured, without any player input.

I like how, overall, blackrock infection counted for practically nothing.

(I also like how the English language accommodates sarcasm).

17. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I miss the voices too. :sad3:

On chessy theres a mountain that has a shadowlord on top of it. You can't attack it because it's to far away. But I am curious to why it is up there.

18. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Where at?

19. Alezi

Alezi Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

A voice told me to put all my possessions in a bag and drop the bag on the ground to duplicate them but the bag just vanished with all my gear inside it :confused:

20. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

[​IMG]

21. *cheers* IT WORKED *stealths back into the shadows to await more suspects*

22. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Not there on GL. Strange.

23. Ahuaeyjnkxs

BarrrryyyyyyYyyyyyYyy !

24. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

This isn't a Shadowlord per se, it's a Manifestation of one.

There are two possibilities I can think of off-hand; both of them involve the creature being a leftover.

One, it could be left over from an EM event.

Two, if that's Malas, it could be left over from the Luna Invasion.

If it's stuck, page a GM I would say, unless maybe the shard likes having a living relic. (Or maybe PM a team member, or send a message to the bug thing on UO.com.) If you think you can get to it somehow or lure it down, I'd suggest trying to get some folks together and killing it, as it might have unique loot.

As far as anyone I know can tell the "real" Shadowlords were slain on every shard. Getting an item that's literally 1 of only 3 of its kind available, and has cool effects to boot, is a powerful incentive to kill something.

-Galen's player

25. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Galen, what were the items?

26. Jhym

Jhym Guest

shhh... don't give people ideas. We don't need it removed, it's a Chessie artifact.

I really don't understand people that demand any sort of divergence in the shards MUST be a bug. It's inaccessible, does nothing, stops nothing and can't make anything happen.

Thus, leave the poor shadowlord pet alone.

27. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

If memory serves they were shards of the Mondain-style Gem of Immortality the Shadowlords were attempting to construct.

I don't know all of their effects, because I've seen only one: bringing lighting down upon the bearer.

Draconi had hinted the effects would be karma-based.

As there's only 3 items per shard (one for each Shadowlord), assigned to the top damager, this means you basically have to know one of the bearers, or have one or more of them "go public," to learn the specifics.

-Galen's player

28. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

I really like the idea of such rareness. The only thing I don't care for is that it's the top damager that gets it. That's better than some insta-looter though, or any kind of random means of acquiring them. I'd love to see extremely rare things gained by using your head, figuring things out. Not gamey puzzles, more along the lines of finding things hidden in the game world and figuring out how to access clues along the way.

29. Norrar

Norrar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

*hugs his collection of over 2000+ pieces of blackrock*

I still scream out randomly "Kill them! Kill them all!" because I know, deep down...Im still blackrock infected. It is unavoidable.

Spend an entire afternoon trying to blow up Luna with blackrock... You'll understand the true meaning of insanity.

And the Shadowlords were not technically killed, merely "banished" I suppose one could say. For you cannot kill Cowardice, Hatred or Falsehood.

No...I believe Nosfentor, Astaroth and Faulinei have retreated in full... For the time being..

30. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

No, I'm pretty sure they were killed. They left a corpse. Galen personally engaged just one of them, I forget which one. (The others were killed before I heard Dawn yelling how to get in the dungeon.)

That's not to say, however, as JC the Builder has pointed out in the Factions forum, that they couldn't come back at some point. I don't consider it likely and would call it lame if it were done, but it'd certainly be plausible.

As you point out, you can't kill Cowardice, Hatred, or Falsehood. To the extent that the Shadowlords were manifestations of those evil ideals, their return would certainly be plausible.

I would find it lame from a storyline perspective though.

;) But I couldn't claim it didn't make sense, just that I personally didn't like it, which is a very different thing.

-Galen's player

31. Ahuaeyjnkxs

Shadow lords just as any other manifestation of the lucid dreamscape ressurect exactly 24 hours after they were killed.

Some people finally come out in the light !

I ate them, they came to me like ripe bread, but I of course sadly cannot contain its evilness, happily only north america will be affected ; sacrifices will need to be made as such for the younger generation not to "bump".

I miss feeling evil somewhere nothing really matters. Mwa... hahaha ...

HAAAA HAHAHAhahhHAHh !

HaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

yeah that, chlorine dioxide is a cool gaz, hypochlorous acid is even more amazing ; we learned alot of alchemy too, and wisdom even if not clear at times.

The companions have not forgotten the people of britannia, who is seemingly now only earthlings, what tolerance, what honor...

Greatness prevails, more than good and evil combined, untie your tongues brave warriors and let's seize the sea !

Kidding aside, everyone knows that blackrock shields etheric waves, so since the soul is a semi-etheric manifestation when you die, you don't want your body to be around blackrock... because it's going to be a hellish of a long time before your soul finally gets out. Because even though the consciousness leaves to a pre-form state of water ; the soul slowly leaves the body as the ether rises and dawns. Thats the time of forgiving, where the avatar needs to visit all the people he hurt, one by one, and find a way to compensate for the loss you caused, only with words. Oh it takes a while for some... sometimes it's painfully funny. Thats the positive side to all this...

Small wordy harms are worse than bodily harm in most... anyways.

There was a blackrock fragment on Clanin's grave ! They put the blackrock fragment there but ignored my honeypot !!! Can you beleive that ?

We went on with Vladimir, who as a great sacrifice gave his life to explode the blackrock and free the soul of Clanin.

Cheer people of britannia, change is at hand !