1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I'm Sorry...

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Alexander of ATL., Aug 8, 2013.

1. Alexander of ATL.

Alexander of ATL. Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
    Stratics Veteran

In the last 24 hours, I've had sort of an epiphany. I couldn't sleep so here I am at 3 in the morning posting what came to mind.

To all who may not know, I am only 17 years old. I recently came out of the immature stage and just started looking back at what all I've posted and the havoc I've created. After looking at old PM's and threads/posts, I feel an apology needs to be stated.

You know, it's kind of shocking to see that I posted some of the things I did and with no remorse until now. I mean, it's not bad things that I would consider to be graphic or repulsive, just the immaturity level I had. Being in Toad Town for the most part of 3 years, I made a few friends that basically called it when they see it. Queen Arya always says in vent that I take things to heart way to much, in which I guess I do.

I'm here to say, in the last years I've been playing this game and posting on stratics, that I'm sorry if I've said anything, done anything, to offend you in any way. I know of a few people that need to see this, I won't say who but I do hope they see it.

For closing of this post, I want to thank those who have helped myself, Toad Town, and the Rares community in any way. I know this thread is out of the blue and has no correlation to rares but I felt I needed to post this. Again, If I have offended you in any way in the past 3 years I've been on stratics, I apologize for it.

2. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Stratics Legend
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

way to step up HOO RAH

Alexander of ATL. likes this.
  3. kongomongo

kongomongo Lore Master
    Professional Campaign Supporter

From the very short time i have interacted with you theres not a single negative thing to say, quite the contrary tbh

4. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

Great job Friend

5. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Wow, I am shocked. In all the dealings I have had with you I have never witnessed you do anything that needs apologizing for. I am not shocked that you may have slipped here and there and made a mistake or two (hey we all do that), but am shocked that you are only 17 years old. You have always appeared to have the maturity of someone significantly older than that. Way to step up, take ownership of what you feel are mistakes and set about taking steps to correct them.... once again showing maturity beyond your years.

6. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

I second this. Well said friend

7. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Well said and I applaud your willingness to say it out loud.

May I also say... that it is very hard to do, but try to reach out to those individual people privately and offer an apology. They may not accept it, but that would be a further step toward maturity. I know in the age of facebook, folks have become accustomed to making blanket statements (myself included at times) instead of approaching people personally. Try approaching them privately and like a mature adult will give it the best shot possible. You are growing up into a responsible, thoughtful man. Keep going.

8. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Couldn't have said it any better myself

9. Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran

Thanks guys, I think they saw the message.

10. Bon Iver

Bon Iver Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013

It's about time. I'm not usually a big grudge holder but you've been really mean to me and hurt my feelings!

Flutter likes this.
  11. Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran

LOL

12. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I think you should thank me personally for being so awesome.

13. Kahlan

Kahlan Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Message boards, social media, and even our beloved UO tend to make it easy to be rude and not realize it. However, what you have done here speaks wonders to your character and state of mind. Keep in mind this is coming from someone old enough to be your mother, but if I were, I would be emmensly proud of you.