1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Images of days gone by... (lots of pics)

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Guest, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

I was looking through my old homestead pics, found a few that folks might get a kick out of:

Abigail Graves "Last Man Standing" event:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

KRT Naval Battles Event for WC guilds

[​IMG]

KRT Joust Event in old Avalon

[​IMG]

KRT Harrower - Big fights!

[​IMG]

KRT Promotion Ceremony

[​IMG]

KRT and CWS on parade 2003

[​IMG]

Birthday party for me! Spring 2003

[​IMG]

2. <blockquote><hr>

KRT Naval Battles Event for WC guilds

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

And now the seas are roamed by the PoS.

Yarrr!

3. Guest

Guest Guest

The resolution on the pics I have before 2005 is low, so I won't post any of them. Here are a few of my favorites, that I have on my web space:

KSS Fight Night on Easter Sunday, 2005...with special guests!

[​IMG]

"Community" Night (forget when but some time early 2005 I think)

[​IMG]

Castor's birthday party early in Feb. 2005, which turned out to be a fair sized event...for the sake of the guests, we decided to give Mile's stinky dragon a bath before letting him in the house.

[​IMG]

Sailing away to do a champ...I still find it funny that we were all crushed into one boat, and Arivia was in the other by herself.

[​IMG]

And let's not forget the Cult of the Pink Apron gathering to celebrate the birth of your baby girl, and participate in a bit of bloodshed. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Skylark

4. Excellent!

Thank you for the posting of these, Py :)

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Wow, lot of old names .... I almost forgot how many good times were had and fun people were on this shard once upon a time.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Wow, lot of old names .... I almost forgot how many good times were had and fun people were on this shard once upon a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are many days I wish I had screenshots of, but memories will have to suffice.

Alas, I lost the pictures of when Cedric Longshanks and I dared each other to wear pageboy haircuts, no helmets, for a week before his knighting.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for posting those Sky, they are great

8. Masumatek

Masumatek Guest

Wow. Reds. Fights outside of luna. Strange times they were.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

this reminds me of what UO use to be like.
    the events and all and the killing of the orcs [​IMG]

makes me sad although i wasnt apart of any of it

[/ QUOTE ]

When I started Siege in the early summer of 2004, typically there was something going on every time I logged in. It was usually a question of having to narrow down choices on what to participate in. One thing I loved was the very crowded UOAMs (no guild/alliance chat then of course). Even a pacifist cook could be very busy and social on Siege, getting into places that pacifist cooks have no business quite often [​IMG]. Despite my lack of interest in PvP, I enjoyed hearing the real time details of the battles on the map as people gathered, fought, reinforced/retreated, resupplied, searched for the enemy, etc. There were times, though, when it was surprisingly quiet, but it didn't last long. I recall one such evening, when I saw glimpses of UND and ORC hiding/lurking near my house (both guilds were beginning to decline at that point sadly) I asked one of them when he popped out of hiding, if they wanted some knights to play with, and he said that was what they were hoping for. After a couple of messages on the map &amp; ICQ, I went up to the balcony of my landlord's house, sat down, and watched the show. I wasn't disappointed. Actually several times later that summer, someone in UND would come to my house and "order" me to call the knights, which was always amusing.

Another thing that was fun is that after a battle, it was likely that people involved would tromp to someone's house to socialize, and come up with something else to do, which often turned into a champ or something PvM related afterward.

It wasn't all good, of course, and there were frustrations then as there are now (a big one at that time was the PBD issue) but the one thing that was a constant was being able to log in, and find someone to have fun with every time. I have the advantage of being able to find people, having been here for well over 2 years, but I do miss that sense of Siege being a spontaneous, bustling place.

-Skylark

10. <blockquote><hr>

Py Lethius stabbed by a Vile Dagger.. the heroes seek the counsel of the Druid Donal Mor...

[/ QUOTE ]
    No relation...

11. Kas Althume

Kas Althume Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

<blockquote><hr>

Sailing away to do a champ...I still find it funny that we were all crushed into one boat, and Arivia was in the other by herself.

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

That should tell you something about female driving .. i mean sailing skills ... [​IMG]

12. Exzordor_TnT

Exzordor_TnT Guest

thanks for the pics.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

That should tell you something about female driving .. i mean sailing skills ... [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...well in her defense, Arivia is a fine captain. Myself, I had enough trouble just in boarding and disembarking. The party &amp; map chat on that occasion was absolutely nuts, as everyone was in high spirits, and we kept talking over each other. I think Castor probably asked at least half a dozen times, that I noticed, "Sky are you on the boat?" "Sky, are you on THIS boat?" [​IMG]

-Skylark

14. *sniffs*

nub hab piktures of meeb.....

but then you would really have to be an old timer to have played when I did...before my return a few years back.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

The worst KSS steersman ever was Gladiator. A more loyal guard I could not ask for, but never, ever, let him drive the boat...

16. Not only does he stink, but he's old.

3 guesses what he smells of... [​IMG]

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Here is another, this was from the invasion of Britain:

[​IMG]

I do believe that is Kush or maybe Ktorr of CWS right in the center with the feathered hat, soon to be an adorable ghost, which is what I was at the time - ( didn't have enough time to finish typing, "watch out - generals" [​IMG]. I believe I lost conn right after grabbing that shot, as the amount of spawn really ramped up suddenly.

-Skylark

18. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

*sniffs*

nub hab piktures of meeb.....

but then you would really have to be an old timer to have played when I did...before my return a few years back.

[/ QUOTE ]

We didn't have pictures in those days.

Actually, I was a loner in the first days, except for one companion Kitana. I had no reason to take any pics, there was nobody to show them to! I left Siege for a year when Origin's network changed and my connection went straight to hell. 20% PL and a ping of 120+. I had a better connection to Europa than to an east coast server... I played all over the place. Finally it got fixed, I came back and re-created myself as Py Lethius.

19. Guest

Guest Guest

I really wish I would have taken screenies of one of those very first champ spawns I went on with KSS as Queen Zen, when I got that murder gump for a fellow named Py Lethius. [​IMG]

I was killed by Py Lethius ! Then, I said whilst dead hands on me hips with that look... ... " I do not remotely LOOK like a ratman SIRE SIR !! " [​IMG]

*sure sure ya said it was to test my reaction to dying in the field...I still say YA MISSED YE AIM ! *salutes giggles* haha

20. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I really wish I would have taken screenies of one of those very first champ spawns I went on with KSS as Queen Zen, when I got that murder gump for a fellow named Py Lethius. [​IMG]

I was killed by Py Lethius ! Then, I said whilst dead hands on me hips with that look... ... " I do not remotely LOOK like a ratman SIRE SIR !! " [​IMG]

*sure sure ya said it was to test my reaction to dying in the field...I still say YA MISSED YE AIM ! *salutes giggles* haha

[/ QUOTE ]

*cough*

I can say this now that Vortex is Lord, and I no longer have magery... I often EQ'ed Initiates along with the spawn or a mob of enemies on purpose, just to see their reactions. You can learn alot about a recruit's character when you put them to this kind of test!

It might seem a bit unfair, perhaps, but I believe that my odd methods paid off when you look at the high calibre of people who have been KSS. I offer apology now, but I am glad you passed my tests - A woman of indomitable heart and spirit.

21. we did tu have piktures .... umm wuts piktures ..meeb sure we had dem iv lat blah ta me wut dems wer...

I have been many a thing I started on day 1 of siege (dont say anything but I was going to be a UDL slave, was a miner/ore collector.... then the wipe)

after the wipe I kinda floated around and ended up in safe haven (any one have a guess where the first safe haven was hint: closest standing building next most used shrine)

was in shadowclan for awhile until they kicked meeb out.... meeb likee da breedurs tu much har har

was in SHR for awhile and was hanging out with midnight toker and herzog and lived in tyria's tower (he loved having a foul smelling orc for a house guest)

wish I had taken pictures back then

22. Guest

Guest Guest

I had quit UO, but came back when I started hearing about Siege Perilous. Bless you RuneSabre! I listened to a few radio shows off of BattleVortex and that had me hooked again.

My first incarnation was Ineluki. I think I was forced off by bad ISPs a little while after KGB came and was building houses below Trinsic.

... I can't tell you how atrocious it was to wander around the Trammy shards for a year...

I was a loner again for a while when I came back, building Py's skills, plus my 'sister' Kai Lethius arrived and I made her the family crafter.

Then I started hanging around the Shire and started meeting CWS and KRT people. I joined KRT and was eventually was promoted to knight templar and later on wound up GMing a guild of 50 or so active players while Rigovran and Raziel were in Iraq. We had a lot of fun in KRT.

After they returned, I broke off and formed KSS, a few came with me - there were some hard feelings over that, but after time passed we mended our fences.

Ah memories...

23. Guest

Guest Guest

but I am glad you passed my tests.

--------------------

Me too, &amp; I have no regrets, whatsoever. *smiles*

24. <blockquote><hr>

The worst KSS steersman ever was Gladiator. A more loyal guard I could not ask for, but never, ever, let him drive the boat...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.....oh man...i definetly second that nomination!

25. Rigovran

Rigovran Visitor

Oh how I miss those days. Even tried to work with a guy to set up an indy UO server.

Rigovran
    Archduke of Avalon

26. Rigovran

Rigovran Visitor

PS I am looking for form a network larger than KRT was in UO via multiple games. IF anyone is interested I am on Facebook: http://facebook.com/scott.spangler

27. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

[​IMG]

RueTor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.