1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Imaginative use of vendors and barkeeps?

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Petra Fyde, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I'm sure many people use them more imaginatively than I, but I guess I'll start the ball rolling and we can share some ideas? The idea to make this thread came from a thread on UHall on Art.
    Here's a re-creation of an artist and model I set up some time ago

[​IMG]

On the floor below I have Miriam the gypsy

[​IMG]
    Because she's actually a barkeep you can get a 'reading' from her. Cross her palm with a few gp (well drop them on her head) and she will thank you and ask you to choose would you like a reading from the ball or cards. Tell her 'ball' or 'cards' to hear your fortune.
    You'll find her in the Angry Mongbat Tavern on Europa if you'd like to try it.
    UO Stratics *New* | UO’s Oldest Houses – D & E

2. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

painter is very cool, Petra :) gonna have to swipe that

3. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

I wish I'd saved the coord's, but I didn't. This is on Pac shard and I thought it was one of the most ingenius ways to use a mannequin. I really wish somebody would tell me how they did this:

[​IMG]

4. Irulia Darkaith

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yep, love the artist and model posing. That wins my vote. Guess you could do variations with a customer and a seamstress, or sculptor and model, etc etc. Maybe an executioner/guardsman and prisoners.

Personally I've only ever set Vendors up in unimaginative ways. Namely as guards at the doors, or put a monk robe on one of them and set them up in my library.

In the past I would name the vendors for a few past members of my guild and have them sitting around the old guild house. I'll probably do something like that again with mannequins - definitely cheaper and better looking than the statue makers.

5. olduofan

olduofan Guest

Thats my friends house and there are few people on pac with this (my house is Anther and one in luna) All you need is a ladder you most tbe the owner and it takes some time to place him forward out to steeps but is easy to place on post with a ladder and goza with a stool...

6. Steelhead

Steelhead Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I have the house in luna.......sw inside corner......

My maniquinn is actually a day dreamer with bubbles showing the dream which is a floating island...

7. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Sounds cool... Image pls?

8. Steelhead

Steelhead Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

9. olduofan

olduofan Guest

yup thats the one very well done :thumbup1:

10. Steelhead

Steelhead Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks...I tried to make it a bit different than the normal boxed house full of vendors.