1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Imbuable Items

Discussion in 'UHall' started by red sky, Mar 12, 2011.

1. red sky

red sky Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I'm not sure if this has been brought up but why did artifacts become non-imbuable. Also, why aren't all items imbuable? Keep in mind that when I state this, I'm referring to mainly specialty items whose normal counterparts are imbuable such as the glacial staff. If someone could give me a seriously good reason for this I'll be quiet. Otherwise, it seems quite annoying and limits the ability to customize a lot of items. The last time I checked, the imbuing weight was capped at 450 for all of these items anyhow, and most of them go above that cap.

2. Arcades

Arcades Sage
    Stratics Veteran

It just happened out of the blue, there was definitely an emergence of new usages of otherwise the dozens of useless artifacts in the game now, which I think really benefited hunting the old dungeons again for drops. Now its a bunch of useless properties on dozens of items, there really was nothing extremely overpowering b/c the imbue caps for all the arties was 450, and at most 1-2 properties could be added. It was totally a detrimental change to imbuing and should be reinstated, but nothing in UO's history has ever been reinstated after changes...

3. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

This.

I believe someone cried or whined about folk getting super powerful items... or something how many plainSwords are out there imbued now? God only knows... there are so many arties that are just plain garbage without the ability to imbue them... they aren't even worth a relic fragment they are so bad.

I wish they would put it back..... along with being able to alter them... not being able to alter things into Gargoyle items is stupid too.

4. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

It is hard to comment on this. I would make points to counter their reasoning. I just have no arguement for pure DEET DEE DEE.