1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Imbue vs Enhance

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Freelsy, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Ok i was reading the battle between Sir Morder and Cash. In my opinion they were arguing two completely different topics. Im going to try and clear it up so theres no confusion amongst everyone.

In the third post by Tairon he mentioned the word "enhance" to put balanced on the bow. Ultimately this would mean he would need to "imbue" the bow with that property.

This is where Sir Morder makes his post in reference that there is a high chance of destroying the item if you try to "imbue". He is infact speaking of enhancing. I found where he referenced enhancment from uoherold. I believe the wording is what confused Sir Morder.

"Failing an Enhancement attempt will cost you some of your materials, but there is also a very good chance of destroying the item. Once imbued, the item is considered to have been made out of the special material infused into the item, so it can never be Enhanced again."

- http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=56

Now Cash correctly answered with imbuing does not break your original item stated by Leurcian and the UOSA site its self

"Failing to imbue an item with an item property does not destroy the item"

- http://www.uoherald.com/stygianabyss/gameoverview/skills/imbuing.php

I believe there was just some miss communication. Enhancements only add the property of the matrial enhanced with. Imbuing will allow you to take special "fragments" and add whatever property you want to your items.

Just wanted to clear that up. So no one is confused with the new UOSA client coming out soon.

2. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

FC1
    Balanced
    40SSI
    40DI
    50 HLD
    50 Fireball

This is all I want.

3. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Keep this in my though...you cant repair anything imbued....you will eventually lose the wep...and im pretty sure the durability is lower and decreases faster

4. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

You can repair it, you can't use PoF on it...

5. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

you are absolutely correct...i forgot about that. Your going to have to max out POF on them before you imbue to get the full durability.

good catch

6. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The first link in your post is about imbuing not enhancing.

7. AlaricSP

AlaricSP Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

From my understanding imbueing is only going to be on items that are looted. You will NOT be able to imbue anything with balance. Balance is only a craftable attribute. I might be wrong, but I think that is the way it works. Also you will not be able to have 40 SSI on anything as well. That is an attribute of crafting with Ash wood.

8. archite666

archite666 Guest

thank you for the clarification, that was sorta the point I was attempting to make, while being insulted.

Seriously though, I'm extremly interested in seeing the weapons this whole system is going to push out.

Morder old buddy, pm me or icq me sometime.

9. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Sorry but i don't use icq. Too much problems for me.

10. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

The way it is going to work is you can break down items to get fragment properties pretty much... sooo you make bows that have balance on them you break them down to get the balanced fragment you'll need. Then you can attempt to add that fragment to a non enhanced bow then if you want to risk it you can then enhance that bow with ash to get the 40 SSI.....

You will also be able to imbu items that are made of iron so if you are burning runic hammers and use iron ingots as long as it only has 5 properties you'll be able to imbu and change it.

11. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

...No its not. Take a closer look at it next time you read it