1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

imbue

Discussion in 'UHall' started by ingsmsico, Jan 15, 2010.

1. ingsmsico

ingsmsico Visitor

how does imbue work?

for example, can this be made into a better item?

[​IMG]

how many props can be added to it? what is the chance you destroy it?

2. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

You can't destroy items you imbue, you can probably add stuff, I'm not gonna figure out the mod intensity of the item. You can do yourself at a combination of UOGuide, google, and a calculator. Stratics has a Imbuing FAQ sorta... wish they put the property weight on there too...

3. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

One mod can be added but I am not shure at which intensity. Depending on your playingstyle, you could free up some intensity by lowering the damage increase with imbuing.

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

looks like the intensity is 380 with 500 being max so you could add 120 or if lowered di to 20 you could add 140 so you could then add fireball or lightning of 50%
    just a example there are other things you could do also
    but to answer the question yes you can make it better!!:thumbup:

5. Gowron

Gowron Guest

Before starting any imbuing, I would recommend maxing out your durability as POF will no longer be applicable.

6. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Looking for This Page?

Check the Link Bar at the top of the Imbuing FAQ page it's the "Magic Effects Table" button. Pretty much all the pages have a Link Bar similar.

7. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

DCI.

8. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

or hla

9. BardMal

BardMal Guest

Helped my wife get her imbuer up to 120 imbuing. Afterwords I had so many questions about what was possible, I decided to go to test center and find out how it works for myself.

One of the flaws with test center and imbuing is that they do not provide the imbuing ingredients completely. I did not get any crystalline blackrock to test max skill combinations.

But they did give enough ingredients for me to comprehend how the system works, what people mean by "lowering and adding", to read the max intensity "gage" on the menu ect.

I think making a gargoyle on test and playing with it myself was the best way for me to actually understand the potential and limitations.

Something that helps is to use the "Queen's Soulforge"; which on your shard you will need loyalty points to use.

10. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

No Storm... Thats what you add to that class of weapon... DCI, it's only purpose is to grant 70 DCI to a mage to defend against warriors/archers as well as a "weapon skill" HLA wont really help

11. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

I thought it would depend on template and play style ! as there was non posted I was just throwing out ideas ! I have a tactics mage that uses hla and does very well!
    this is of course not pvp

12. house4saleUO

house4saleUO Guest

If you want to know about imbuing, go to crafter's forum and search for posts by CHROME. Hes got it down pat!!! His formula is spot on. I have been doing allot of experimenting. Just remember if you have something worth imbuing MAKE SURE YOU POF it FIRST!!!! Because once you imbue it you can not up the durability anymore and it will eventually be non repairable!!!!