1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] Imbueing Barbed Armor

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Cetric, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I haven't gotten the expansion or started imbueing yet, but i was poking things into the imbueing calculator to see the suit im going to make when i do.

Can i take a barbed leather GM gorget, or leggings, and make these???

gorget (barbed)
    lmc 8
    lrc 18
    max phys
    max fire
    max cold

leggings (barbed)
    lmc 7
    lrc 18
    mr 2
    max phys
    max fire

It says i can on the calculator, but i wasn't sure if when you actually do it, it takes account the intensity of the other resists.

And then if i make a bokuto like this:

Bokuto (exceptional)
    damage increase 25
    spell chan w/ -1
    20 mage weapon
    50 hit lightning
    15 defense chance

Can i enhance it with ash to give ssi, or bloodwood to give hpr 2 still??

2. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

Yes u can do it from barbed armor, and yes u can enhance with bloodwood.

3. house4saleUO

house4saleUO Guest

Enhance yes imbue NOOOOOOOO!! You can not imbue on those properties, as of this patch. You cannot imbue colored leather or colored wood items. You can however imbue reg leather and reg wood crafted items. As of right now you can imbue runic made reg leather, or reg wood crafted items. However who knows if that will be nerfed. Unless Sage has diff. imbuing rules then Baja you would not be able to imbue the barbed made GM'd items. If the bokuto is made for reg wood then it could be imbued.

4. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

You CAN imbue colored armor after latest patch.

5. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Both of these items have 5 properties so it shouldn't be a problem making them. Better yet to burn a stack of barbed leather untill you have a gorget that has two of the resists you want to embue starting at 3 or 4, reason being is every other resist point from the natural crafting wil have fallen on the energy/poison/whatever and you haven't wasted anything.

Same for the leggings, its possible to have a piece with 3 maxed resists and 3 other top notch qualities.

6. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I'm hearing imbued barbed armor is the way to go. Are you all using a runic sewing kit to make the initial exceptional barbed piece and then imbuing it? Or are you just making an exceptional one using a normal sewing kit and looking for the GM Arms Lore bonus in the right resists, and then imbuing it?

I'm at 114.6 imbuing now... hoping to have it done by the end of the weekend and able to start putting the skill to use.

-OBSIDIAN-

7. Obsidian

Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I just saw it with my own eyes... someone with a fully imbued suit. It was all barbed leather armor. The resists were incredible... totaled 70+ on each piece and had 20 LRC, 8 LMC (or 8 Mana Increase), and MR 2 on every piece. The suit was incredible.

So my question remains, how did they create this? Is it just crafted with a normal sewing kit looking for the arms lore bonus to go almost entirely into 3 resists, and then imbuing 2 resists, and the 3 other properties? Or is this created using a runic sewing kit initially and then imbued further?

-OBSIDIAN-

8. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Slightly Crazed

I would say its just as you said above. I've made mad pieces for my guys but it took a little time. Getting the seeds for mana regen 2 is annoying but everything else is easy.

9. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Normal kit, mix of barbed and horned leather if you need to even out the resists. It's actually not very tough at all to get usable pieces (you want ones with very low resists so when you imbue them up to 100% you get the most resists you can). The only sucky part is the seeds of renewal/relic frags/faery dust/essences.

10. Smokin

Smokin Guest

Yes you can imbue barbed armor, and no do not use a runic kit because you will lose the exc bonus from arms lore. If you want really high resists though its better to imbue regular leather then enhance. This is costly though and failure is high you will break alot. Not sure what you mean for max resists though.

11. Obsidian

Thank you for the inputs. I'm running back to the soulforge now to get closer to 120... 116.1 now. I can't wait to start trying to resuit my chars!

-OBSIDIAN-

12. Smokin

Smokin Guest

Are you using the public or queens soulforge? If you are remember you get a bonus so you should use a home soulforge. I also found if I got stuck gaining to move around and change location much like the old method. I ran a uoassist macro to repeat my imbue 10 times(now you can do 20) and I would walk around the forge one step at a time as it worked. Sounds silly but it seemed like it worked for me.

13. Obsidian

I am using a human crafter on a soulforge in a Luna shop. I'm now at 117.0 and gaining... slowly.

-OBSIDIAN-

14. Serafi

Serafi Babbling Loonie

Yeah - I am still doing that whenever I get fails at the last mod. As long as we believe, it works!