1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Imbueing Mysterys Unraveled

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by DaVoice, Jan 9, 2010.

1. DaVoice

DaVoice Visitor

Everyone thinks that imbueing is hard to understand so heres my best at helping others out

Anyone of any race can look at a item with 0 skill simply buy having it in your backpack and being next to a soul forge. A player can imbue any item the same power as can be found spawned as normal loot on any monster up too 500 points power. (*note, resist cannot be imbued on a shield even tho it spawns at 1%)

Click the skill button on the menu and target the item. Choose imbue item and you have one or 2 choices... If it has less than 5 attributes, choose a new attribute and see how many points it has. If it has 5 attributes, choose one it already has and see how many points its at. (*note. if your checking poison resist on a ring for example, and it says 13% on the ring, MAKE SURE to set the resist in the little box at 13% to get what its ACTUALLY at.) When you first click to the screen is sets the rate at 1%. If its a new attribute your adding, remember to SUBTRACT that amount from the total, like 140 points for FC1 for example, to get what the items ACTUALLY at.

Each choice has ingredients so you know what it'll take too put that one on or make a change. Clicking the max power is simplest too see the main ingredient you'll need. Most people want max power, and power equals GOLD. Relic Frags, Mining Gems, and the main ingredient are what cost the most. Anything else is easy gotten. Relic frags currently go for 70-100k per, so 15DCI is gonna cost you 5 frags and 10 Main Ingredients. Main ingredients are currently averageing out at 20k per 1. So if you add it up its gonna be 500k for the frags max and 200k for the main, and 50k for the bother.. so 750k for 15DCI. (anything requiring relic frags, reguardless of intensity, is where you spendy choices are mainly gonna be).

Anything in the game can be imbued with 5 properties. Jewelery can hold max 500 points requardless if its game loot or GM made. Game loot can hold 450 points max... GM made anything can hold 500 points, but GM weapons have one disadvantage that being it MUST have one property being Damage Increase from being GM made. Shields get slightly fewer points, but theres so few things too put on one, so who cares.

At the top of the screen its says intensity of 1.0 too 1.5. Every .1 equals 10 points so 1.0 means 100 points up to 150 points. So 15 Skill is 1.4 or 140 points, OR 100 luck is 1.0 or 100 points (luck is easiest too understand, every 1 luck equals 1 point or .01).

I hope this helps you understand imbueing a little better.

GL

2. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Thanka seh fo' xplanin to us ignant folk how dis confoozing skil werks.

Is this guy for real?

3. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Dayaum, uz juz needz to be lerned right proper bout this here imbuin. No wey uz figur dis owt on our own. Whys I be happiers thans a pigs in sH*its rights nows, I never woudla figer all dis copfilcathed stuffs out.

4. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

tell me about it, guy jacks my Mage Wep thread saying that -20 is easy to get lol

Sure, I see groups of 10 Arcanic Rune Stones all over Siege Vendors..cheap...lol

Guy has no clue!

Yet he wants to teach us.....tool!

5. Sturdy

Sturdy Guest

I appreciate the info.

Thanks

6. Scuzzlebutt

Stratics Veteran

If you appreciate that info then you should read the detailed skills description that stratics has already provided. It's a whole lot more useful then this dip****s summary.

7. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Not all learn stuff the same way, what seem easy for one person to understand may sounds very difficult for someone else.

Seem like this guy do learn things a different way than most of us and something just started to make sense to him, even when it sound wierd to most of us.

No need to flame him for that. Maybe he is not alone, maybe someone else understand thing the same way as him.

8. Sturdy

Sturdy Guest

If you dont appreciate the info just STFU. He is contributing while you are just a crabby little baby. :rant2:

I have read the faqs- they are dense and assume a certain play style. What he wrote was just a quick summary. Useful to me, but maybe not to you.

9. Blind Otto

Blind Otto Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you. I am sure many folks will find this helpful.

Now to the REAL imbuing mystery - how do you price imbued items here on Siege?

(Note: I said "On Siege". Sorry, but you wouldn't believe some of the answers I've had to this question in-game!
    It truly matters little to me if a dagger with +1 luck sells for 4 million on Baja, or a ring with +2 taste identification sells for 12 million on Europa. )

A list of the ingredients with prices might help - if anyone has worked one out yet?

Thanks again!

10. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

I can relate to what Freja is saying. When I learn I can't take all the details at once. The brain just stops accepting information. Its always easier for me to learn conceptually, at least at first.

Otto: There are a few of us selling ingredients though the prices may start to fluxuate with more reds about. Most farmed ingredients I sell at 20K each for essences and caverns drops. Things like pelts, skins and vials of stuff I sell in lots of ten for 10K or 20K. When more people start farming and selling them, I am sure certain ones will start to have more value by what they do and to some extent, how hard they are to get.

I don't have enough of an understanding as to how many ingredients go into an imbued peice, and all the imbued items I have were either gifts from alliance or friends, in done in trade for ingredients. So no I have no advice there.

11. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Luka, I added the price list you worked out to the commodity price list in the shops sticky.

I admit I'm hopeless at working out what's possible on a piece even though I've got all the imbuing weightings at my finger tips. I added the weightings to the Magic Effects Table

12. Scuzzlebutt

Stratics Veteran

Of course you find it useful. Just last week you didnt think it was possible for a character to GM 2-3 crafting skills in two months time. If you couldn't figure out on your own what this guy took several paragraphs to explain by simply opening the crafting gump, then please step away from your computer. Immediately call an adult and ask them if they could come over and lock up all your knives and sharp objects in a safe location to prevent a serious accident. Im surprised you've survived this long.

13. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Why do you need to be so rude?

14. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Sturdy, the guy posted in a selling thread o fmine that getting -20 mage wep was EASY??

It takes 10 Arcanic Rune Stones to Imbue that on a weapon! Anyone who spent any time in the Cavern of the Discarded knows this! That is the reason I blasted him, he really knows nothing about Imbuing, reading about it is one thing, actually farming and imbuing is another.

The people in this thread all know that and the fact you are defening him means you too know little about imbuing!

Now that you understand I hope you view us a little better!
    :)

15. Scuzzlebutt

Stratics Veteran

You're right, I should be more refined like you. It's absolutely normal to go off your ****ing rocker when a new player to the shard chooses a common name that happens to match a dead player's.

16. FrejaSP

No it's not normal for me to do this. I'm really sorry I reacted that way.

I'm don't care if you are rude vs me, I was thinking about your reply to the OP here.