1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Imbueing question

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by mark4583, Mar 19, 2013.

1. mark4583

mark4583 Visitor

Mar 1, 2013
    I tried to do some imbueing and im not sure what's going on, my skill is about 88
    The item I had was at 7% physical resist, I tried to add some to it but then the number droped to about 3% but my success rate was 90+.
    When I do a 3% imbue is it suppose to add to the 7% for a total of 10 or is it the overall number and changes it to 3%,
    The imbue was successful , or is it just because im not at gm yet and just messed the item up?
  2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    The property value you choose overwrites the old one. 3% is the base 2% for that armor piece, plus 1% out of 15%. To get to 10% total, you choose 10% as the listed amount.

This is the reason that, when you get higher level, and start building suits, you only want to alter resists that are near their non-exceptional minimums, on otherwise exceptional pieces, and you don't craft with or enhance with special materials until after all imbuing is done, as the resists for exceptional and for material don't count toward intensity unless altered, and you will lose a lot of potential intensity you can imbue onto the item.
    #2 Basara, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2013