1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Imbuing and current, existing artifacts : winners and losers ?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, Feb 22, 2010.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

With the coming of imbuing, up to a point, it has given the ability to craft artifact quality items even though at a cost of not being able to repair them and, for some mods, not always allowing players to reach either the same type of mods an artifact may have or their intensity which in some cases might exceed in an artifact the CAP which imbuing has.

So, looking at the current artifacts in the game and what imbuing allows players to craft, which items are winners (i.e. artifacts that, one way or the other keep their advantage because imbuing cannot make equivalents) and which artifacts are the losers because they can be made through imbuing with same mods ?

2. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

to be honest, i use all the same arites i had before, and now i have extra mods on items i used runics for.

so it is pretty equal.

most of the arties that everyone used are better then you can imbue.
    maybe id think the one that got hurt the most was the jackals collar.
    the gladiators collar tho repaced that, so its not even imbuing that pushed it out.

3. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Nonetheless, for example, some artifacts might feel the competition of imbuing...

For example, let's take some jewellery for mages like the Ornament of the Magician and the Crystalline Ring.

Why these 2 picked as an example ? Well, because they still have quite a price tag (around 15+ millions each) thus making it worthy the effort to imbue a ring and a bracelet which might get close enough to their mods quality but save a lot of millions....

4. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

yes and you cant imbue anything like those.

aside from taming jewerly, my mage still uses the orny.

im thinking the most popular temps for armor and jewelery that has been replaced by imbuing were low end runic and high end monster loot that was enhanced..

almost all of my chars dumped there "junk" items that just fit for imbued stuff.
    the high end runic stuff (val crafted) and all the arties i had before stayed around.

5. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Before imbuing I considered the following artifact types valuable to me:
    Anything with DCI
    Anything with a trait you don't normally find in that slot (i.e. hit points on an apron, HLD on a pair of glasses).
    The Rune Beetle Carapace

After imbuing I consider the following artifact types valuable to me:
    Anything with DCI
    Anything with a trait you don't normally find in that slot (i.e. hit points on an apron, HLD on a pair of glasses).
    The Rune Beetle Carapace

The difference now is that I still can't afford the crystalline ring/ornament of the magician combo, but I can make the following ring/bracelet set:
    +10 magery
    FC 1
    FCR 2
    10 DCI
    12 SDI

On each piece.

It's less effective the orny/crystalline combination (and has room for improvement), but works for my purposes.

(Special side note: I don't go out of my way for FCR 6 as I don't PvP with my mages and can't tell the difference anyway so far as normal PvM activities are concerned)

And I get that at a fraction of the price. Just a few hours of monster bashing and I have everything I need to make/replace the set.

6. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

ive allways enjoyed my macers.

slap them in a darkwood suit and wallow into the demons with the exiler.

i find that what i did was i went around and made them all some real nice ring and watch combos with HCI, DCI, DI and buffed up some skills i was low on (bushy and parry)

but where i really had fun was i picked up a bunch of Exilers.

now, before imbuing i use to rule the pool with those suckers.
    honor, enemy of one, con weapon then boom boom demon dead

so what i did was i purchased a bunch of the Exilers and i switched out the Demon slayer on them for other stuff, like repond and arachnid and the such, and then since they only had 4 properties on them i added a 5th, which in most cases i added mana leech.

and i L O V E it.

now most of my macers carry around 4-5 exilers of all different flavors for whatever the conditions call for.

(just like a mage carrying a set of all the flutes of renewals)

that is the only existing arty i have mucked around with to date that i am really happy with.

7. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

There's just too big a list of items to make. You can put Armor of Fortune, Swords of Prosperity and Leurocian's Mempo on it though. The quickest way to do this for people that don't already know is to just take all the arties in question and put them on your char. Anything that is over 600 gold pieces can't be made with imbuing. 500% items will cost around 500 gold pieces to insure.

Also, we can repair imbued items 255 times. That's a whole lot of repairing. The only thing that I'm going to have to remake in the next few years will be weapons. They take vast amounts of damage when you use them. I just make 3 of whatever weapon I'm going to use when I make them. Then, I beat them down to about 2-5 pts and use the next one. Sure, I'll eventually have to remake them but honestly who even cares?

8. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

ty sooo much I never even thought about replacing that property. I have a BUNCH of those things too.

I really appreciate the tip.

9. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

I am a poor potato farmer. I would not know. I only post here because I want to be able to imbue potatoes.

Seriously, Imbuing seems like it's a huge boon to UO as far as the problem of less powergaming players like me not being able to keep up. It's a hope, even though it's going to take time to gather ingredients and all, or for gold to buy customized stuff.

10. Megilhir

Megilhir Guest

Now you no longer need be a power-gamer, just a power-merchant to garner all those easy Millions I keep hearing about.

11. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

I haven't changed a single piece of gear due to imbuing.

12. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Yeah, not so easy if you aren't all powered up and all. But better than it was. I'd still move to a "classic" shard if one became available.

13. Capt.E

Capt.E Guest

a classic shard is just as much of an arms race as prodo with imbueing in my opinion.

Find a friend who imbues stuff, collect ingredients, viola. Even keel with all the powergamers.

14. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Best arty upgrade I've done so far was the Bone Crusher. I run a combat miner. Lowered mods to fit on earth eli slayer. Nearly redlines all the rare ore eli in one hit but the val and gold. This massive damage done on the copper or val with the reflect makes mining fun. Till I have another Titans hammer I'll look into it for 5 more Str. Currently he has 150str 150dex 59int. Still have few points to balance thx to the robe.

Improving the Arms of Tac. Exc. resist made it little better and bumped up the resist other arty are lacking.

Yet to play around with mage archer pally suit. Did that ToT helm with SSI. Gave it LRC and the rest the suit is heartwood armor with HCI and DI. I know old template before weaver came out.