1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] Imbuing armor... VERY confused.

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Gellor, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Gellor

Gellor Guest

As the title states, I'm VERY confused on imbuing armor. First, I am NOT SA upgraded so I can not just run to test center to try it out.

My confusion mainly stems from the resists on armor. Basically, at what point does an armor's resist become a mod?

Let us use a specific example:
    Lets say I'm starting with GM made leather gloves. This gives a base resist of
    2,4,3,3,3. Let's say I'm GM arms lore. So that throws 5% more in.

If I adjust any of the resists, does it count as a mod?

2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

If you imbue a resist higher, that counts as a mod and contributes to the total weight of the item.

3. Gellor

Gellor Guest

Hmm... makes sense.

So I guess the related question would be, how much can I bump a single resist?

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

generaly you can take them up to 18! some peaces like your example you could take fire up to 19 you can also enhance them for even more bonus

5. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Best is to craft a couple pieces where you have the resist you want maxed to be lowest.

IE: if you want 18 Fire then try to make a piece that starts with 3 or 4 fire and imbue it up. Reason being that the other resist points will have falled on one of the other 4 resist spots and you have maxed out your item.

If you don't need it to be medable and you really want to max out a item make it from wood and enhance it. I've made some silly items for my sampire:
    Arms HPI 5, SPI 8, MPI8, HPR2 10 23 16 13 11
    Gorget HPI 5, SPI 8, MPI8, HPR2 16 24 5 18 10
    Gloves HPI 5, SPI 8, MPI8, Damage increase 10, 14 13 17 22 7