1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Imbuing Confuses the Fudge Right Out of Me

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Vaen Swiftar, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Vaen Swiftar

Vaen Swiftar Guest

So I have come to you with a question that I cannot find the answer to.

My current weapon that I got imbued has:
    Hit Life Leech 16
    Mage Weapon -20
    Spell Channeling (no -1)
    Hit Point Regen 2
    Defense Chance Increase 15
    Damage Increase 25

Do the wooden properties count towards imbuing? And also intensity? Or did someone make this via imbuing and then chance to enhance it afterwaards?

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

yes they count towards imbuing and intensity!

3. Guido_LS

Guido_LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Without seeing the weapon directly, it's hard to call, but yes, this weapon had to have been enhanced after imbuing - it has at least 5 (and that's only if it isn't GM made), and as many as 7 mods to it - something that isn't possible through just crafting/imbuing.

4. .Lestat.

.Lestat. Visitor

This weapon was imbued with 5 properties and further enhanced with bloodwood. Bloodwood gives 2 hp regen and 16% Life Leech to weapons.

5. Vaen Swiftar

Vaen Swiftar Guest

I've seen many of these type of weapons around. Is Bloodwood easy to enhance on to items, then? I wouldn't guess that people would risk these items so easily...

6. Prime.

Prime. Sage
    Stratics Veteran

If you have fudge coming out of you, I'd get checked. :lol:

7. Guido_LS

Stratics Veteran

The only thing easy about enhancing is clicking the mouse... with the exception of the DCI, none of those mods requires anything *too* expensive. A lot of farming, but other than the relic frag, nothing out of the ordinary.

Would I be willing to take multiple chances at it? Not really - I don't personally see much on it that would make it an attractive weapon, tbh. I'm sure others may well have a different opinion, but as a mage weapon, there are other mods I would, and do, prefer :)

8. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Must be his secret weapon with the ladies. Mmm... chocolate.

9. Vaen Swiftar

Vaen Swiftar Guest

Thanks everyone for your help. And yes, I am a walking fudge dispenser. It does help with the ladies ;)

10. Prime.

Prime. Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I prefer Caramel, but fudge is nice to ;)

11. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hmmm, but doesn't imbuing have a limit of 5 mods max ?

That is, even if an item spawns with, let's say, 7 mods, the very moment one tries to imbue it doesn't the game engine say it ain't possible because it exceeds the max number of mods possible (5) with imbuing ?

That is, before attempting any imbuing one has to get rid of 2 mods and THEN be able to imbue the item ?

Or did I get it wrong ?

12. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

It was already explained in this thread, the person imbued it then enhanced it, adding 2 more mods.

Items can't spawn with 7 mods, only 5.

You can't imbue it after it has more mods, but enhancing, in some cases, adds mods and you can enhance anything you imbue that's craft friendly (except maybe tink)

13. Guido_LS

Stratics Veteran

The bolded part was the far more important part of that post, which was confirmed by the post directly afterwords. Imbuing is difficult for some people to understand easily - enhancing has been around since AoS, and should be just a touch easier. In a nutshell, just as certain materials can raise the intensity over the maximum, certain materials also add additional modifications - golden ingots/spined leather add luck, for example... bloodwood adds hpr and hll... multiple links are available for your learning pleasure in the craftsman forum.

14. He's paying out ladies! Sic' em!

15. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

The real question is...do you wipe? :gee:

and it takes a *special* kinda lady to get involved with that sort of thing.

Oh...and enhancing is really luck of the RNG...you could succeed on the first try OR you could break 10 before you succeed. Enhancing with wood sucks.

16. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Yes...like 94.76% of the time...you did indeed get it wrong.