1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] Imbuing Event Items

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Manticore, May 12, 2010.

1. Manticore

Manticore Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Interesting, imbuing has been out for a while now and I've yet see one Event Item being imbued. What are your thoughts on this?

With so many wearable event items being given out these past 15 months, I would think somone would imbued say a diving helmet or something else by now.

2. Slickjack

Slickjack Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
    Stratics Veteran

We spoke about this before, when you and I were working the Catskills Fel event with the Pit Lord swords...

I likened this to, but of course an extreme version, to people using Clothing Bless deeds on Event robes/clothing... I use them on mine to bless them, but there are quite a few collectors out there that would NEVER bless their event clothing...

The ones I've spoken to personally always said they wanted to keep the event item exactly as it came.

Now, the biggest difference in imbuing one of these items is that if used it places a certain expiration date on said item....Obviously, using a clothing bless deed does nothing but change a line on the item and gives it the quality of not having to insure it.

For my money, I don't want to imbue my items because I have and never will have them in the field. They will be locked down for viewing at my museum. So there is no need to imbue them.

(I've just re-read your post Manti... your point is that we could imbue the items that were given out in 1000s, like the Diving Bell, which of course I think would be ok, but still I'd never imbue the "REAL" event items)

3. Escaflowne

Escaflowne Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Guess they are only worth imbueing if you use them. Like the PvP rares or something or if you want a rare LRC suit. But most people just keep their rares on display or in storage :)

4. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

I am seriously considering imbuing the demon hammer for pvm. :)

5. Corum11

Corum11 Guest

I'd imbue a few items here or there if I had the skill. You can almost argue that it adds to the uniqueness of an item, but then again it also applies a shelf life to the item as well if used frequently.

6. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

7. Slickjack

Slickjack Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
    Stratics Veteran

It's official... not that it was ever in question... THIS GUY ^^^^^ IS A CRAZY MAN!

8. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Or needs to find his helmet...

9. Corum11

Corum11 Guest

Does imbuing create a chance for the item to be destroyed?

10. shulginist

shulginist Guest

No you can't destroy it from imbuing.

11. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Item bless deed on this FTW!

12. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Do you mean like this?

[​IMG]

13. Slickjack