1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

imbuing gains per 1000 residue?

Discussion in 'UO Stygian Abyss' started by Storm, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

ok i started this morning with 1000 residue and started at 90 skill !
    I am using exceptional daggers and imbuing them to 40 ( i think it was took 4 residu and 8 gems) then I imbu with luck at 1 residue and 1 gem !keeping my chance below 60 and I went through all 100o residue and gained 2.6 !so now I am at 92.6!

Does this seem about right to you all who have gmed or better the skill?

2. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

That's awful. I'm wanting less and less to max out this skill even though I'm going to need to do get halfway decent items. :/

3. house4saleUO

house4saleUO Guest

From what I have read, shouldn't you be using runic made daggers at that high of skill?? I havn't done imbueing yet myself but I have been reading all the articles about it. I think I read somewhere that at about 70 you should start using dull copper runic made stuff. Can anyone confirm this???

4. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Doesn't matter. Imbue one high intensity, then imbue one more property just high enough to get you around 60% difficulty.

5. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

exactly I am just trying to figure out if this is the method thats beeing used and if my results are on-par
    The use of dc hammer is either to get resources from items created or or imbu after making since i have no hammers this is no longer option for me!

6. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Switch to Exp Small platemail Jingasa, they are mage armor, so they start with a 140 on them. I have been doing LRC and luck and I am at 98.3 now.

7. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

Thanks frodo I will try that I have made a few of those maybe 10 or so seemed about the same but it would save me some residue ill give it a try later tonight!

8. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I was stuck at 77 and switched. Cheaper resources and I hit 98.3 in less than 4 hrs. Was getting .5 gain every 10 Jingasa. Did LRC then added luck.