1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Imbuing, has something been changed?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Thunderz, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Iv just tried to make a tunic [same way i made my gloves]. I make a leather tunic, imbue 19 fire resist onto it, enhance it with barbed leather to get the fire resist up above 21 [same as i did with my gloves]. To then add everything else i need.

BUT!!
    Iv just tried it 18 times [ 11 broke!!! Even with such lol mods!!!] and all of the ones that worked have 20 fire resist... Has it been changed and capped at 20? OR have i just been extreamly unlucky to only get the fire resist adding 1 from the enhance?? As with my gloves [exactually the same method] every pair that worked bumped the 19 fire upto at least 21, i didnt have 1 pair that only gained 1 fire resist, and it was the 3rd pair that also got the 2 resist bonus i needed on energy aswell as the fire.

Anyone else noticed this "invisable cap" when imbuing then enhancing since the change that allowed us to imbue any post patch "special material" item?

Thanks

Thunderz

2. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Because enhancing with barbed only gives 1 FR.

If you enhance with horned leather it will give 2 extra FR.

In short Horned gives you additional 2/3/2/2/2
    and barbed gives you 2/1/2/3/4

3. longshanks

longshanks Guest

well done. good explanation.

4. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thunderz, enhancing sucks. That's all there is to it.

You are raising the resist to it's pre-enhanced max intensity. Then attempting to enhance. For every property that is being enhanced you get the break check. When it checks the chance to break for the fire resist you are at the highest possible chance to break. You are going to break a lot.

5. mbraud4

mbraud4 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

For those who think I only come here to flame the idiots who cry too much, I also come here to help.

Here is a link that should give you the % of sucess on enhancing based on the pre-enhance resistance #s

http://uo.stratics.com/content/tools/enhancearmor.php

Found it very useful when imbuing/enhancing.