1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] Imbuing Jewelry

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by hawkeye_pike, Oct 8, 2009.

1. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I have a question about imbuing jewelry:

Yesterday, I created my first useful jewelry with 85 Imbuing. One that is tailored exactly to my tamer. When doing that, I noticed that when imbuing the item, it lost all its previous mods. Is that intended? I thought, if I'd imbue something on it, it would be added to previous mods.

(In this case, the Ring hat +6 Animal Lore. I imbued +10 Animal Taming and the Animal Lore mod was gone. I had to re-imbue it with Animal Lore and waste a few resources.)

Edit: Just found the answer. Skill mods replace each other when they're in the same group.

2. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

They in different groups

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

The only thing I can think of is that it was +6 taming, not +6 lore, and you misread it.

4. rajadeah

rajadeah Guest

I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to imbue some mule jewelry with magery and music and one skill removes the other? I'm working with blank tinkered rings and braclets with 120 imbuing adding 8 strengh 18 lrc 90 luck and trying to add 13 magery and 13 music. But no mater what i try one skill removes the other, the other mods stay its just the magery and music skill mods that remove each other. Was it ment to be this way?

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Yes, it's meant to be that way.

Magery, Musicianship, and the Melee Weapon skills are all Group 5 skills, and have been since skills were introduced on Jewelry. In fact, for a while (like the first year or more of AoS) there was a bug in the coding that made Group 5 skills 100 times rarer on jewelry than the other 4 groups, and that was the first time that how the skills were grouped was explained to the players.

I'll go ahead and copy the skill groups to a post in this forum, to help clarify matters.