1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Imbuing juka bows?

Discussion in 'UO Stygian Abyss' started by Serafi, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Serafi

Serafi Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Something I didn`t get to test in beta - hoping others know:

Can you imbue these bows? As far as I know they are in the same category as everything else that can be imbued, but of course comes with slayer prop at 100%.

Would love to put SSI at least on some of these.

2. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, It was possible.

I never saw a definitive answer on whether it was considered a bug or a feature.

3. I did this also. Worked well!

4. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I wonder if you can imbue a double slayer Juka bow w/o losing one of the slayer mods...

5. Serafi

Serafi Babbling Loonie

Thanks all, thats great news.

Wouldn`t it just be counted as 2 mods at 100%?

6. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I didnt think you could make double slayers as one prop just replaces the other?

7. Serafi

Serafi Babbling Loonie

Yes they do. But the double slayer Juka bow is in the game already and might be seen as just another item with an already 200% mod attached to it. In that case, adding a third mod like SSI could be doable.

8. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Hope someone else tries it, I don't want to lose any of the ones I have. Would suck if it took one off.

9. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

doh I got it must be tired ;-)

10. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed

I dont think, many ppl would like to imbue SSI onto their rare double slayer juka bows. After imbuing those would have the ability to wear down.

11. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I'll let you know:) I have a DF Buster - Demon/Earth elemental and a T-Hunter's Delight - Reptile/Repond that I wouldn't risk, but fortunately i have a couple dozen worthless ones: spider/orc, snake, blood ele, etc to test first. It would be sweet to add SSI and either HDL or Mana Leech onto one of the super double slayers!

Even on the sub par doubles, I will wait until I GM Imbue before trying, so it may take a while to find out.

12. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector

Didn't they change the slayer property damage increase for non super slayers?
    Those "worthless" ones are going to be nice.

13. * Bump *

So did anyone try yet? I've been training imbueing but I'm just curious.

Also do 2x elemental bows extra damage to the DF? Been 3 years and I don't remember if it was Demon/Elemental only or Elemental/Earth Elemental too.

14. [LGND]

[LGND] Guest

Ok, you can imbue a double slayer juka bow, or make one.
    Whichever slayer is listed first will be the one that gets replaced.
    So, if you have an existing juka bow with something like orc slayer and demon slayer, you can imbue undead slayer in place of the orc slayer. End result, you have a bow with both slayers.
    Or, you can take a juka bow before it is modified, imbue a slayer(demon for example), and then modify it(adding a second slayer). You can then change the modified slayer to your liking.

I made an arachnid slayer bow, then modified it and got lucky with spider slaying. Added ssi, and it does massive damage to things like navrey or meph.

15. Anakena

Anakena Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Didn't try since beta test, but it was possible to make double slayers. As long as you imbue before modifying, the "hidden" slayer property is not taken into consideration for imbuing, as it doesn't exist at that point (tested with bows modified during server maintenance and again at server up).

Modifying the bow shouldn't replace an eventually already imbued slayer property as the replacing is particular to the imbuing system.