1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

imbuing override question

Discussion in 'UO Stygian Abyss' started by Beastmaster, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

If you imbue a piece of armor with extra cold resist and then extra fire resist does the fire override the cold? One of those things I didn't get to test. I know some things are overridden by others. Anyone made a grouping chart yet?
  2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Jan 5, 2001
    I created an all 70s suit as an example for my son's RP character.
    Things that over write are such as slayers - get a nice weapon, but the downside is it's a snow ele slayer, overwrite it with demon/undead etc.
    Hit spell effects overwrite each other, can't have hit magic arrow and hit lightning on the same weapon.
    As a rule of thumb, if a certain combination is possible in game now, it's possible through imbuing.
    + skill jewellery has some restrictions on combinations, but they're the same groupings as that already used in loot drops. Ailisha posted those groups in a thread a week or two ago.
  3. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Nov 3, 2001
    Actually resists on armours overwrite the same resists. If you have lets say 3 cold resist from beeing exceptional on an armour and you want to imbue additionally cold resist, you overwrite the ones from the exceptional bonus.
  4. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

Thank you both. That's the info I needed.