1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Imbuing pvp weapon question ?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Eros, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Eros

Eros Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I wish to Imbue Velocity and Hit Lightning on bow that will be used for PVP. My question is which way should I go ? 50% Velocity/44% Hit Lightning or 50% Hit Lightning/44% Velocity.
    Also, should I replace Hit Lightning with Hit Fireball ?

#1 Eros, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  2. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Lightning or fireball would the one that is opposite of the elemental damage on the weapon. Cover all bases. I wouldn't waste a mod on Velocity when there is LDC. There is the need to chain specials so Mana Leech is a must. I fthe suit is not at cap For HCI it trumps Velocity. SSI maxed out based of the depth of your wallet. They sell a tool at the store for $10 to give you that edge.

I could be wrong. Every weapon I have has at least one mod filled with some type of slayer. Found greener pastures to spend my time in on the other side of the gate.

3. Martell

Martell Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Just ignore WarPig's advice. Mana leech is useless in PVP and whether to have LDC or not is a matter of templates.

Bow should have:
    50% lightning (fireball is only good for fighting mages as it's a delayed hit and can disrupt) and 44% velocity. Rest should go to 40+ ssi

4. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm blanking out, what's LDC? lol but I would max Lightning (or Fireball) over Velocity since the damage is constant versus the velocity damage which will be variable.

5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Not sure, but I think he means 'hit lower defence'.
    I don't do pvp, but my favourite bow is imbued HLD 50% hit lightning 50% HCI 17% SSI 30% DI 40%

6. Lythos-

Lythos- Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Depends on the bow AND the template. If it's a standard disarm archer then you can use different mods than a straight archer.

For a comp bow on a plain archer i personally would do this: Balanced (if you like playing in color)/HLD/SS/DI and the rest in lightning.

Comp bow on a disarm archer you wouldn't really need HLD since you would be disarming before using the bow so max the vel and hit spell.

Special need bows like para and dismount you won't really need balanced.

7. Eros

Eros Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Ok, thx guys for the info. I already have HLD with the Mace and Shield glasses. Crossbow has 50% SSI and DI 40%. From your comments, I have decided to add 50% Hit Lightning and 44% Velocity.

8. Speaking the Truth

Speaking the Truth Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You never do hit fireball on a "Bow" Assuming you mean the one with Para/mortal. The fireball will break your para since it's on a delay.

I disagree with Lythos on this topic that you would not need balance on all bows. I believe it is a must have imho, but to each their own.