1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Imbuing & Queens Soul Forge Question

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Barania, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Barania

Barania Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm sorta trying to return after a long break and run into stuff routinely that I have no clue about. I made a new char on Siege the other day and understand to unravel things that one needs to be near a soul forge. My new char has zero chance of going back and forth to the Gargoyle City soul forge - the paragon efreets and such are too much. Is the Queen's soul forge in Britain and, if so, where at? I was also wondering if one can just buy their own soul forge from someone who has the ability to either make them or kill the things that might yield them as loot. Lol - exiting this game for awhile and returning is painful.

Appreciate any and all feedback.

Jack Nickelson

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

There is no soulforge in the gargoyle city in Ilshenar, you need to go to the forge in Ter Mur Royal City. The moongate system will take you there. I'd be happy to show you if you wish.

3. Barania

Barania Slightly Crazed

Thanks much Petra - I think I bought some stuff the other day at your place. I'll try to find Ter Mur in a bit via the moongates. I guess that everything I read about a soul forge in Gargoyle City is wrong and has to be updated.

This game is maddening at times. I honestly have no idea where Ter Mur is but I'll find it. It's a pain getting a new char started even for someone who has been around before. When I created my new account the other day, I saw a 14 day trial offer and initially went for it. I realized quickly that I should just pay for it and did. My new smith/imbuer at this moment still cannot get a smith bod or be the co-owner of one of my houses.

Thanks for the input. I had hoped at by this point in the weekend that I could have unraveled this mass of stuff that I have.

Jack Nickelson

4. Petra Fyde

:) Ter Mur is a gargoyle city, just not the one you thought it was. The information you read possibly doesn't make that clear. If it was information on Stratics, show me the links you followed and I'll rectify it.

5. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

I understand your confusion. Tel Mur *is* the gargoyle city. The one in Ilshenar is kind of an outpost city of gargoyles.

6. Barania

Barania Slightly Crazed

Here is where I read about this stuff:

Imbuing

"Artificers imbue and magically unravel items at a special forge called a soul forge. The soul forge in the Gargoyle City gives a slight success bonus, and the Queen's soul forge gives the highest success bonus."

This led me to think that there are two soul forges.

"http://uo.stratics.com/uoherald/guide/guide.php?guideId=282"

"Imbuing is performed at a soul forge. The soul forge in the Gargoyle City gives a slight bonus, and the Queen's soul forge gives the highest bonus."

Same info pretty much.

I'll get it worked out, Thanks all for feedback.

Jack Nickelson

7. Petra Fyde

There are two soulforges, what isn't made clear is they are in the gargoyle city that is included in the expansion, ie the Royal City of Ter Mur. You can see the city forge pictured here:
    The Artificer Quests

The Queen's soulforge is in the royal palace and can only be used by those who have gained loyalty points.

8. unified

unified Guest

Yes, you can buy one from someone. :thumbup:

9. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Actually you can use it to unravel just not to imbue ...

10. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

Tips:

For imbuing skill gains use your own soul forge (get someone to make you one).
    For unraveling always use the Queen's soul forge since it's bonus will sometimes yield better materials than if you used another.
    For the best crafting results of imbuing use the Queen's to lessen your material cost.

11. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This is also how I do it ! :thumbup: