1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

imbuing question

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by mana hit, Mar 7, 2010.

1. mana hit

mana hit Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

hello im new to imbuing,,,i have 120 in that skill,,,,,,,so i decided to imbue my first(real) item,took a npc bow(nothing on it really) gona make a mage wep,,i put balance on it first,,,then i put sc on it,,,,,,,,it also came with the -1 fc as well,,,,,,,my question is how do i get the -1 off it,i tried to put fc 1 in hopes it will negate the -1,but it says i cant or it will make item unstable? any ideas? thanks,,,,,

2. Faux Pas

Faux Pas Guest

I've never tried to remove -1FC, but it sounds like you may have added too many mods before you tried to change fc to a positive. I see that particluar error, unstable, whenever I have an item loaded up near the max property weight. I usually open the gump and select a mod I already have on the item like swing speed, set the intensity to +20, or whatever the bow already has, and check the property weight. I usually find there is very little room left to put anything on that item. I am afraid in your case you may not be able to check the weight since you chose to put mods on that are absolute, no slider for intensity. (i.e, +1-15%). But it won't hurt to try.

3. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Should have worked. You would get a max of 450 weight from a store bought bow.

balanced - 150
    spell channelling - 100
    faster cast - 140

that should total 390.

Then add mage weapon up to -23 or sixty percent of maximum weight - 60.

That would total 450.

You must have added something else that you didn't thnk was important.

-Lorax

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

is that the message you get when you try to imbue something that was made BEFORE SA came out?
    with special mats that is?

5. Guido_LS

Guido_LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

The message stating that it will make the item unstable is the warning gump that you are attempting to take the item over the maximum allowable intensity (in this case, 450).

What, exactly, have you already added to the piece?

6. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

In the imbuing gump the maximum intensity will turn red when you've gone over whatever the max is for the piece. You get that message when attempting to imbue anything while the intensity number is red.