1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Imbuing question

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Sevin0oo0, May 18, 2011.

1. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Just a couple points away from GM, and thought I'd try actually imbuing something.
    Picked a bracelet, wanted to up a Stat (INT) on it - says I have ~35% chance to make it a "4", using essence & gems as resources.
    Only thing is I can use no resources, with 100% success, if I do Nothing; because it already has "4".
    Why do I only get a 30% chance to make it what it already is?? Shouldn't it be a 100% chance at = numbers?
    Seems borked to me.

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

it treats it like its a fresh imbue even when making it the same as what you have or even lowering it

3. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Imbuing really isn't about adding to an existing property. You ALWAYS imbue the property and intensity every time whether you take a 10 cold resist piece to up to 15 or down to 5. Sometimes there is a reason to lower a property. That is why there isn't a 100% chance. If you were to lower a property on a piece then the next time you imbue it it will usually have a higher percentage chance to succeed.

I guess they could "fix" the percentage to reflect that if you are trying to imbue the same exact mod and intensity that is already there to show 100% but i think it's pretty self explanatory that even if you failed on the imbue you will end up with the same thing anyways. :)

4. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

there is a lot of reading to do regarding Imbuing in the crafters corner forum.

Not that it makes anything simpler, but a jewelry piece that already has four mods on it is a rather advanced piece. In the end it is all about the total intensities of all properties on the piece, as you are attempting to modify it, measured in relation to your skill.

Oh, and your location. That factors in as well.

5. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If you meant the Queen's Forge at the Royal City in Ter Mur, wouldn't it be faster to just mention the place rather then be generic which will then prompt another question about the whereabouts of the location ??

6. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Um, no, because there are actually three different levels of difficulty depending on which soul forge you are using. If a link would be helpful I can provide one like unto this:
    http://vboards.stratics.com/craftsmans-data-chest/187112-imbuing-training-guide-mk-iii-updated-29-march-2010-a.html

or this:Imbuing - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

The internet has always been amazing, search engines make it even more so.