1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] Quick question, deleting a property

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Harlequin, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

How do I remove a specific magic property from a runic piece? Or is this not possible?

Edit: Changed title to reduce confusion

2. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Items are completely destroyed when unraveled and you get 3 generic resources. You can't get specific item properties.

3. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

You cannot. You can only unravel it into 3 types of materials. Which will be used as ingrediants when you imbue a item.

4. Harlequin

Stratics Veteran

Whoops, sorry for not being clear, the no-transplanting property part I understand.

What I meant was I don't want HPI 4 on my runic piece and wanted to replace it with some fire resists...I'm happy with the rest of the properties.

Is that possible? Like a set HPI to zero?

5. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Not currently possible, you can overwrite the property with a similar one, but that has a drastically limited useage. Such as hit fireball for hit lightning, but not hit fireball for damage increase.

6. Ailish

Ailish Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Kaiser was still correct. Imbuing will not allow you to completely remove a property. You can make that property stronger, or weaker, but you can no go below 1.

7. Harlequin

Stratics Veteran

Ahh, thanks.

Drats...shouldn't have thrown away the lesser runics on test...

8. Fink

Fink Guest

Is it likely that this will change? On the Imbuing thread many months back it was stated that an individual, unwanted property could be removed from an item (and thereby allow another in its place). I'm stuck between some pretty good looted items with unwanted properties, and starting from scratch. My weapon of choice isn't craftable, ergo there is no runic option, so I'd have to Imbue from scratch.

9. Ailish

Ailish Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

We have not heard one way or another about this, sorry.

10. Nvnter

Nvnter Guest

I agree, it was posted that we could remove specific skills....but things change obviously. It makes selection of your base item even more important.

11. MorganaLeFey

MorganaLeFey Guest

The developers are eager for suggestions so.... feel free?