1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] imbuing weight - unravelling weight

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by arkanos, Feb 23, 2010.

1. arkanos

arkanos Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Well, I think it is common knowledge that the imbuing weight is not the same as the unravelling weight, but:

are there exact numbers?
    I mean is the unravelling weight of a 100% property always 100?

I mean for example: FC1 is 140 but when unravelling the item, does it count for 140 or 100?

I cant really express myself in english but I hope someone gets my point.

I simply would like to know which items are worth to enhance for relics and which are not.
    And since I sometimes succeed with items at around 350 and sometimes fail with items at around 380 - 400 I would like to understand how unravelling weight is calculated.

Thanks a lot,

Hephaistos of Europa

2. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Unravelling weigth is unweighted property intensitys. *g*
    A 100% intensity property always counts for only 100% like your excample of FC 1. 40% hit lightning would count for 80% intensity. (As maximum is 50% at unweighted intensity of 100%)
    But there are some (minor) problems with it:
    - di from exceptional bonus doesnt count at all (If it only comes from di + arms lore)
    - i am not shure on elemental damage
    - Its hard to tell the true intensity of leeches shown on weapons. Their displayed value is modified by weapon speed (including SSI).

3. arkanos

arkanos Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you VERY MUCH!
    This helped a lot.
    Ok, considering a looted weapon has no leech property on it I should be able to calculate the exact unweighted property intensity now.
    Have people already found out the minimum numbers for successful enhancing loot for relics? (I do know the material multiplication bonus numbers if they did not change - f.e. 1,2 for valorite - and the race/queens sf bonus)

Example:
    weapon with unweighted property intensity of 334 enhanced with val = 400,8 + queens sf and race bonus is 450,8 and will always yield relic when unravelled.
    Correct?

Or is the bonus from queens and race applied in a different way?
    Thanks,

Hephaistos of Europa

4. Wiseguy

Wiseguy Guest

Your example will probably yield essence. You need 335 as things are rounded down. Also SC no penalty only count as 100 rather than 200.