1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Question) imbuing

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Lewis Vahanian, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Lewis Vahanian

Lewis Vahanian Visitor

So I have been working my smithing, minng, and tailoring up. And then I got to thinking that when I get to imbuing I might be in a pickle. I started my character as a human like usual because I have never bothered with imbuing. But I forgot that gargoyles get an imbuing bonus. My question is does it make that big of a difference if im gargoyle or human when it comes to imbuing?

2. Norman Bates

Norman Bates Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Yes it makes a big difference, but it works both ways. Gargs have an inherent "bonus" when using imbuing. BUT...that makes them harder to train up. On the other hand humans are not blessed with such an ability, so they are easier to train to GM, but they're not as good as a gargoyle at getting crafting bonuses. I was in the same boat as you. I solved the problem by making a human, which is easier to work with, then once he GM'd I bought a race change token from Origin store, and...PRESTO! A GM Garg with all the extra bonuses attached:]

3. Lewis Vahanian

Lewis Vahanian Visitor

Nice! I may have to buy a race change token once im GM. Thanks!

4. Guardian KX

Guardian KX Lore Keeper

I have NEVER heard a bigger bunch of whoooeee!

The only thing being a gargoyal does for you is give you a better chance of succeeding a imbue by 3%... AND THATS IT.
    It does absolutely nothing else.
    So when your imbueing a 5th slot on a item you have a 17% chance while I have a 14% chance. OMFG I have to hit the imbueing button one more time than you.
    If you would rather save 1000 gold versus being able to ride mounts, wear armor and use weapons (from doom for example), and not be limited in a bunch of other things.... you go right ahead.
    And he waited till GM too switch huh.... Someone should have told this guy that there is absolutely NO DIFFERENCE in gains on Siege when you hit 70.0.
    Norman... you need a cup of coffee and to WAKE UP.

#4 Guardian KX, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  5. Lewis Vahanian

Lewis Vahanian Visitor

Alright then! Suppose i'll save my ten bucks and stick with my human! I like my beetles for my crafter anyhow! Thanks Guardian!

6. Zalfein

Zalfein Journeyman
    The DarkOutlaws, TDO

As said, once you reach 70, imbuing is so easy you can get to 120 just by unraveling.

Zalfein

7. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Gargoyles also can use greater dragons while flying (mount speed) without losing a control slot. If you are strictly going to craft then it's not that much of a difference but if you intend to add bard and taming skills it is certainly worthwhile to consider. it is a wonderful combination for some very powerful tamer templates that does not leave you as victim on foot. You do give up access to certain types of armour and you will probably want to learn tinkering as well if you make a gargoyle since you need it to make the gargoyle neclace and earrings for gargoyle suits. You can also convert alot of human and elf stuff into gargoyle gear but that does not extend to most artifacts. You can use normal jewels though so items such as the ornament of the magi are still available to you.

startle and Bo Bo like this.
  8. Guardian KX

Guardian KX Lore Keeper

Or... Just maybe... you could take ninja...

9. Screws

Screws Adventurer

Actually there are a lot of advantages to being gargoyle, namely being able to have 5/5 pets and still fly around, the cast time on flying is shorter than the cast time on summoning an ethy, and your 'limited' item selection is actually a good thing, gargoyle suits are notoriously easier to get max resist with AND all the human only artis suck, the only ones worth getting can be modified for gargoyles to wear. If you're going to be in the abyss farming imbuing mats then getting away from pk's is gonna be easier. Why do you feel the need to be so aggressive about this?

startle likes this.
  10. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I love flying around in gargoyle

11. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

I think that the best answer to that - would depend on what you want to accomplish with this char. Are Soul Stones in your future? Is he/she going to be a pure craftsman with mining to boot, or what? Tell us what you want to do with him...

#11 startle, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  12. Lewis Vahanian

Lewis Vahanian Visitor

I am going with smithing 120, tailoring 120, imbuing 120, mining, arms lore 100, magery 100 (for defense and gate), and dump the rest into med probably im thinking.

13. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Hard to say, what is best, I sell most human suits and making them 5x70 resist on a garg char would be a pain as you can wear the suit to see the resist. On the other hand we do need some making and selling garg suits.
    I do well without the extra bonus, just be sure to add the less expensive mods last and on weapons, drop DI to 1% and then when done add the DI back

Lewis Vahanian likes this.
  14. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I have 5 of this char on assorted shards:

120 imbuing
    120 Blacksmithing
    120 Tailoring
    100 mining
    100 Arms Lore
    100 tinkering
    60 Magery

All of my guys are gargs for the inherent racial Imbuing bonus and the flying capability. I love this setup and it serves me well. The racial bonus does help you get more relic frags from Shame loot. And when your last imbue on an item is like a 25% chance the bonus saves you lots of gold for gems.