1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Improperly placed House

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lady Aalia, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Lady Aalia

Lady Aalia Atlantic's Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I own a little house right by the Yew sheep pen along the Road.

When the guardzones changed with the invasions last year it became improperly placed.

Well I assumed it would revert back to properly placed when the Guard zones returned in trammel.
    But its still improperly placed.

2. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

any little glitch in housing and my first attempt is always to change the foundation and see if anything resets

3. lucksi

lucksi Guest

And what if you can´t confirm your choice, even the original one, after trying to resize if the system now thinks it´s improperly placed?

4. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It's a little spooky to see this. My castle went to improperly placed a short time after I placed it. I can't find the link but the dev response I read a long time ago to this issue was basically "Don't worry about it".

5. DevilsOwn

this is *exactly* the trouble I'm having at this moment! tried to resize, now it says housing is not allowed? gahhhh!!!! I've only got one hour!!

6. DevilsOwn

somebody do the math for me

started at number 19 in the help queue ~~ currently number 15

I had an hour to do this, I now have 45 minutes

am I gonna make it?

Edit...........

no, I'm not, this is the answer I got...... now have no house and no prospect of replacing it

[​IMG]

should also note here that I have absolutely no patience or understanding this time

7. Grumm

Grumm Guest

You will be number 3 in the Que. Need another 3.75 minutes to get a GM if the progression in the que remains at 4 per 15 min.

8. DevilsOwn

thank you Grumm ~~ appreciate the effort, wish it helped at this point

9. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Is it the same char, who initiated the house resize?
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

10. DevilsOwn

yes.... still trying to place

11. Aboo

Aboo Guest

Can you replace the size home you had before trying to resize?

12. miss uo

miss uo Guest

Wow, its not a good idea to try changing an improperly placed house
    because the terrain has changed and you may not be able to replace it.

13. DevilsOwn

didn't mean to confuse anyone, my house was not improperly placed at the time of resize

Aboo, while the timer was on the only thing it would let me place were classic style homes.... no custom homes of any size, even the smallest on any point of the plot

I took a chance and waited until the timer ran out and was then able to place... I know I could have got a few more tiles out of it if I had time to finagle, but my goods were in the house next door, unlocked, and there was concern of decay

tho not completely happy with the size it will be quite a while before I attempt another resize

this is not the first time I've done this, and previous to this experience all had gone very smoothly

I don't know what to think of it all..... was I doing something incorrectly? it's possible, as I always tend to panic when it comes to housing.. I don't think I was, but it's possible

14. miss uo

miss uo Guest

That's good at least.

15. Littleblue

Littleblue Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Glad to hear you got *something* to go down!

I had my fingers crossed for you. :)

This always worries me when I see well-known Veterans having unexplained issues, especially with systems that they are very well versed in using. I know Devil'sOwn knows how to use the Housing System, probably inside and out.

Makes players like me, who have just barely scratched the surface with Custom Housing, scared to try the riskier things like resizing. I know it would be the last thing I would want to mess with!

16. kittykat

kittykat Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

devilsown: okay, vague memory here, but didn't it used to be that your account had to have a certain upgrade to be able to place custom size houses? perhaps the system thought you didn't have this upgrade (if i'm remembering wrong, never mind)

(avenhar re: your improperly placed house, there's a good chance you're stuck with it the way it is - you could try replacing but it's risky imo)

17. As the owner of grandfathered housing, I can't even begin to imagine taking such a gamble!

My advice would be to sit tight - two of my houses (from '98) had been 'improperly placed' from the beginning. One changed to properly about three years ago, with some publish or another that altered terrain (I'm guessing), while the other is still outside the pale.

I finally quit worrying about it, as I don't think that improperly placed legacy homes are in the crosshairs anymore. *whew*

18. Aboo

Aboo Guest

I've never resized a house using the resize option but I did take down a tower and replace it with a 18 x 17 and I about had a heart attack worrying if someone was going to come along and take my spot!

I'm so glad yours worked out well!

19. Sebrina

Sebrina Guest

Dor is correct! 'Improperly Placed' does not mean that it will fall. Hang onto what you've got in a situation like that.

20. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

a good friend and guild mate has an old legacy account that has a castle on sonoma and 2 other houses on 2 other shards.
    both of those are smalls.
    one is a mini tower and one is a cabin.

i asked him one day if he ever thought of putting up a custom and he told me that since they where grandfathered houses, as soon as he did anything to them they would implode.

so id imagine that an improperlly placed house would probablly act the same.

2 different systems, grandfathered and improper placed, but id imagine same kinda criteria and killing.

make scence?

if so good, then explain it to me, hahaha.

21. Sebrina

Sebrina Guest

I could be incorrect but from all I know over the years - same/same virtually.

Anybody else? Correct me if I am wrong~

22. Lady Aalia

Lady Aalia Atlantic's Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

oki changing housefoundation didnt change nothing :(

As for it falling i was not really worried about it, i just thought that since one of the Devs said last year that the change of the Guardzones made some houses improperly placed, it should have reverted back now...

Am not going to try to replace it thou thats for sure heh

23. Chiera

Chiera Guest

yes, definitely ! I own a Fel Tower that was very improperly placed in 1999 on uneven ground (I actually have a grass tile on the floor ;) ). Showed improperly placed for the longest time, now it shows for some reason properly placed since a few years. This doesn't mean though, I would be able to place anything of that size on that spot if I'd let it fall.