1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

"Improperly Placed" Question

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Tomarke, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Tomarke

Tomarke Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran D^A

I placed a Keep back in December. Someone owned an 18x18 behind it which fell just a couple of weeks ago and I decided to move my 18x18 storage house so that it occupied the recently vacated spot.

I just noticed that my Keep is now "improperly placed". I have never owned an improperly placed house before so I had some questions. Doing some reading it looks like being improperly placed doesn't really affect anything unless I try to demolish and replace the Keep in future, in which case it wouldn't work (possibly for resizing but I can think of no other reason).

Are there any other drawbacks to being improperly placed?

Why would placing a legal house behind another cause one of them to be considered improperly placed? Shouldn't the placement rules keep this from happening?

2. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

No drawbacks other than if it falls you may not be able to replace it there.

Tomarke likes this.
  3. Angel of Sonoma

Angel of Sonoma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

What Kayhynn said, no big deal unless you try to re-place the keep. You can always re-customize the stairs of your 18x18 and it will probably make the keep 'properly placed' again. Make sure you have 5 tiles between the keep and 18x18 stairs.

Tomarke likes this.