1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Improve minator spawn.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lord Kotan, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Can this spawn be improved?
    for example, the champs insta kill any mellers with an EQ for 150 points.
    There is no way to tell the progress of spawn
    The respawn rate grows to a crawl near the end
    There are no scrolls
    8 out of 9 runs produced no replica or deco.

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Hmmm.... I'll take a stab at this:

Can this spawn be improved?: Certainly - anything "can" be improved.

for example, the champs insta kill any mellers with an EQ for 150 points.: Sounds like a tough fight - spend a little more time there and you'll figure out better tactics for working it.

There is no way to tell the progress of spawn: There is a way - just as a normal altar, there are "levels"... stand near the gate that crosses the road and watch for "barked" messages... level 1 has no message... level 2 says "I see invaders"... level 3 says "Kill the invaders"... and level 4(Final) says :Meraktus is here!"

The respawn rate grows to a crawl near the end": Venture out a little farther and lure more up.

There are no scrolls: The rewards for this one have always been minimal, but at least you can say "I did it!" We did it many times ages ago - when most believed it did not exist!

8 out of 9 runs produced no replica or deco.: Sounds like the UO RNG is running true to form... lol

Even though there is minimal reward, I still enjoy it as something different... :)

3. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

We do lure more up, but like other spawns, you they respawn faster than you can kill them... sometimes there are almost no minator's left in the three sections we divide the place in. The spawn shouldn't insta kill meleer's - and we do have a tactic that works fine; it's just out of all the spawn's it is the least rewarding.

4. BakeryGnome

BakeryGnome Guest

8 out of 9? what arty did you all get?