1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Improving my chance to make Exceptional Items

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Antony, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Antony

Antony Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I'm getting reading to play around making Verite Mempos using a Verite Runic Hammer ... I've already gotten a Talisman with 29% Exceptional Bonus and 21% Smithing Bonus ... that puts me at 100% Success Rate at making the Mempo and 64% Chance to make an Exceptional. Other than getting a 30/30 Talisman, is there anything else that I can do to improve my chance of making Exceptional Verite Mempo's? Any other little tricks of the Trade?

Thanks ... Antony

2. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Equipp an ash and use the runic hammer from your inventory. A +15 or with your talisman even a +10 should be enough along with 120 in blacksmithing.

3. Antony

Antony Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks .... while I was looking around I headed over to Luna and picked up a 600 use +60 Ancient Hammer ... did what you said ... equiped the ancient and had the verite in my pack .... double clicked on the verite hammer ... end result 100 / 100 .... we live and we learn .... never knew that they worked that way.

Thanks .... Antony

PS ... obviously I didn't need a +60 .....

4. Silverbird

With a decent talisman the only need/use for a +60 is enhancing. *g*

5. Antony

Antony Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Does it reduce the chance of breaking an item when you enhance it?

6. Silverbird

Yes it does .... it increases your chance for enhancing and therefore lowering the chance of failures. I dont have numbers at hand but its still really far away from being safe.

7. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor

Yep, even with a +60 ASH, break chance can still be around 50% if there are already some high intensities or any luck on the item pre-enhancing.

I'll keep similar pieces for later enhancing. When I get 4 or 5 exact or near exact items I'll go enhance and I've broke all of em. Enhancing sucks.