1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

In case anyone is interested...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by K'torr, Jul 8, 2008.

1. K'torr

K'torr Guest

a very inconsiderate T-hunter popped a level 5 chest on that small island next to Skara, leaving it scattered with very unfriendly critters.

Several Bloods, a few Titans, couple of Balrons and at least one AW.

This is also to warn anyone else who might want to go there.

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

That's a level 6 chest.

There's a school of thought that believes it's oki to grab the arti and run because the map creatures will despawn eventually.

It's not a belief I share, but then not everyone plays this game the same way.

3. K'torr

K'torr Guest

I stand corrected.

They did more than grab the arti and run. All the loot from the chest is in that green backpack the arti came in.
    And as I said, there are 10+ critters running around there.

4. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

ROFL. I rember when the high level chests would get popped in Buccs Den on Atlantic...all the PvPers would run and hide behind the server lines...la

5. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I always did level 6 maps with monster ignore and just loot and leave, you should see what gets left after 3-4 level 6 chests on the same spot :)

6. K'torr

K'torr Guest

I'm thinking that's what happened here. All the critters are gathered around right where the chest would have been.

7. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed

If the loot was better people would actually care about clearing the spawn and emptying the chest i'm sure but when there are much better ways of getting high end items it's just not worth most peoples time.

8. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

How many realise that with a little luck, or a touch of the statue, you can actually get better loot off the spawn?

By leaving that running all over you're missing your best chance of something good. Ballys and AWs can drop some very interesting items sometimes.

The first 3/1 bracelet I got after AoS launch came off a lich lord on a level 5 map.

9. K'torr

K'torr Guest

Seems all the critters have despawned, but someone was there.
    Quite a bit of the chest loot had been taken out of the pack.

10. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed

I would rather be doing peerless with 3k of luck than killing pre ML spawn with at best 2k luck, sure you might get a 1/3 off old stuff but i would rather a 1/3 with 3 other near max mods from a peerless such as :-

[​IMG]

11. Azural Kane

Azural Kane Guest

If it didn't summon 15 creatures every time you move an item in the chest people would care more about clearing it too. :/ As it is it's an exercise in futility for what, a cavorting club? :/

12. Lol, now thats just silly.

At least whomever left the spawn, took the time to leave the loot from the chest in the backpack, and not all over the island. It is still sad that such badass peeps who can obtain the monster ignore aren't badass enough to finish off the little spawn that is popped.

Oh well....:confused: