1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

In found a Color Puzzle technique that works for me for once.

Discussion in 'UO Stygian Abyss' started by Jermosh, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Jermosh

Jermosh Guest

So I took the time to drag each color gem into a hotbar, this way when the gem turns color that slot will highlight. I then put another bar below with the coresponding opposite color, I am using the Decors Iconset, it can be found in the Enahanced Forum if you like. This works really well for me, the issue is making the bar up. Pic looks like this:
    [​IMG]

I am trying to find a way to set up referance spots, but I cannot figure out how to store a tile in "cursor target stored". Although I think this can be done with UOA.

2. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Could this be considered cheating? If all you have to do is click the icon that changes color that makes the puzzle insanely easy.

3. Jermosh

Jermosh Guest

How would it be cheating? I am useing the system as it was designed. To be cheating would to make up a script that would move you around based on the name change.

4. JC the Builder

Stratics Veteran

The difficulty in the puzzle is processing the information you are given and acting upon it. If you turn it into a simple matter of pressing a button when it lights up, that removes all the challenge.

5. The Fallout

The Fallout Guest

......isn't using your uoguide cheating??? lol I'm messin with ya.....kinda lol

6. JC the Builder

Stratics Veteran

Well you are really only cheating yourself if you look at UOGuide for a puzzle solution. The daily puzzle is ridiculously hard. Those puzzles were meant to completely stump players. Solving them meant saving the shard during the Golem Scenario 8 years ago.

7. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Lucky you!
    I never made it into the last room. I gave up on this Experimental Room puzzle, har har! A pirate probably lacks patience.

8. Jermosh

Jermosh Guest

Hmm not really, the challenge is still there for those who like the challenge. I had some problems with it and am looking for a solution to make it more easier, which is my challenging part. I still have not found a way to make it one button though. Innovation is the work of the lazy.

9. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

He's not doing anything that actually affects the gem himself... he apparently can't remember the opposite for whatever color the gem turns (after a couple of times, it should be rote memory, but to each their own).

He still has to move around the room... there's no button click that will do that for you. The icon bar he's displaying simply highlights when the gem is one color, and then beneath it, it tells him what color to go to.

Inventive. In my case, completely unnecessary, but inventive.

10. jradar71

jradar71 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Personally... I find it a better idea to just sell the experimental gem and let others have fun with the extra chance at the rooms

11. Jermosh

Jermosh Guest

Thats a good idea.