1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Info for those having trouble placing Magincia plots

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Deb, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Deb

Deb Guest

You need to have a house placement tool and 140k in the bank
    to place the New Magincia plots.

15 by 15 will go, but it takes some patience and precise aiming on
    most plots. 1 to 2 tiles directly away from the tombstone is where you
    should target. At least that is what we have found. If you don't then
    you will a "Housing can not be placed in this area" message.

Hope this helps.
  2. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Oct 13, 2003
    IM TELLING U KNOW... some of the plots in magincia will not take a 15x15 unless u get a gm o dev to come stretch ya plot... some plot if the guy infront places toooo deep then the guy behind will get a smaller plot... u need 4 sqs front to back.... 1 sq side to side... it all depends who places what first... and how friendly your neighbours are to maybe move there plot ... to help yours go bigger
  3. Damia TMC

Damia TMC Sage
    Stratics Veteran

May 13, 2008
    A friend has tried every trick we've read on stratics, she's used full screen, she's clicked every single tile and still can not place her house. There are no houses around her either. She has a suggestion and for some reason can not get stratics to load tonight.

What they need to do is set it up so where all you need to do is click the tombstone and it will place the house for you. Then it won't matter who placed what where, it will automatically give you your 15x15 plot.
  4. Plant Elemental

Plant Elemental Journeyman
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter

Mar 31, 2011
    I've heard of both people who've had problems placing and those who placed on a first shot.

I myself had problems until I took Deb's advice and finally placed a 15x15 on C1 after 5 minutes of trying, trying and trying again.

Regardless, there's no reason it should be as tough as it is.
  5. so what about the bugged writ's? I just wanna know when im gonna be able to place my plot. I love the communication us players get in UO when something goes wrong.... :thumbdown:
  6. Lord Urza

Lord Urza Guest

I feel the same way, im looking for where a dev has even responded to any of the issues being had placing houses.

Is a 15x15 the biggest house you can place on the north plots?
    I was going to place an 18x18, if that cant be places in new mag Im not even interested.
  7. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor

Nov 2, 2003
    15*15 is the largest, yes. That's been known since they published the document about it on the UO site, and perhaps even before then.
  8. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jun 13, 2002
    My own personal opinion is the Dev's should of had all the lots prebuilt with a 15x15 foundation already there. Then there would not of been this problem there is now. What started as a nice idea turned into a lot of frustration & problems for many.
    Lotto scripting bots, loss of old Mag rubble when locked down in your new home, now this... Whats next :(
  9. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

Oct 25, 2004
    some others are saying you need your game view window in the top left corner of the whole UO gui.
    i keep mine about an inch down from the top.

perhaps someone should just post a few screen shots of where in corsponding to tombstone that you can place and where game window should be and such.