1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Info on items..

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by imported_xtashin, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Hi, ive got a couple odd items laying around, wondering if anyone has some info on them, and if they be of any value to anyone. Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

2. a big fish isn't rare - fishermen pull them up. the 'heavier' they are, the more value they have. taxidermists use them to make plaques.

an unreadable treasuremap - I'm not sure on. It's either a practice map from someone getting their cart skills up (in which case, it'd be a grey color when not highlighted) or its a treasuremap that hasn't been double clicked on and read yet. (can't remember what their title is in that case)

3. CassieDarksong

CassieDarksong Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Unreadable maps are those made in Malas. They can still be made.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

As far as the big fish goes, it's an older one since any big fish pulled up now is tagged with the fisherman's name... Even with that going for it, I can't imagine it would be worth all that much.

The map's rather odd, though. The ones created in Malas are grey but have the name "an indecipherable map" don't they and not "an unreadable map"...?
    <blockquote><hr>

or its a treasuremap that hasn't been double clicked on and read yet. (can't remember what their title is in that case)

[/ QUOTE ]
    Wouldn't that just be a "tattered ____ drawn map"? Once a map is deciphered, it becomes blessed, too doesn't it?

5. CassieDarksong

CassieDarksong Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

HRmmm

Now when I get home i have to check this on my T=Hunter....hate.

6. I know What a big fish is, i have just never seen one that is only 8 Stones, I thought they were 100+ stones since came out?

Disregard the map.. i put it out on display and it disappeared overnight.. not so rare now, now is it... lol no idea what the deal was there.

7. just to clarfy a map produced in malas turns grey and is labelled as an "Indecipherable" map and as such the "unreadable" map this guy has is not of this sort....

The origins of the unreadable i do not know i just know it wasnt made in malas [​IMG] - hope that goes someway to helping you find out its origin - but at least clears one possibility :p

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Big fish have to be above a certain stonage (maybe 20) to have the name of the fisherman that catches them on it. My Fisher's first two big fish were 8 and 3 stones. It is a common fish.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

You locked it down and it disappeared? How long had you had it?

Yes an unreadable map is one that is bugged (ilshenar maps count toward that). I guess the server eats them?

10. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Key part of that statement is did you actually lock it down? You can find fish and other trophy items that are bugged and no longer go to deed form. these can be placed in your house and will stay there forever without being locked down., but they are also free to be taken by anyone who has access to your house.

11. Kaj

Kaj Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

Yes an unreadable map is one that is bugged (ilshenar maps count toward that). I guess the server eats them?

[/ QUOTE ]
    I had just locked it down when I accidentally double clicked it, and the name changed.

12. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

Rule #1: Do not double click your rare. Let someone else do it first. heh