1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ingame SPAM from FB users

Discussion in 'EA Land/The Sims Online Stratics Forums' started by Keep It Real, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Keep It Real

Keep It Real Guest

I have recieved ingame messages on several of my accounts from FB users I do not even know. I do not use FB and really don't ever see a need for it. Is there a way to block ingame messages from FB users? [​IMG]

2. I must be totally out of the loop, but what is FB?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I must be totally out of the loop, but what is FB?

[/ QUOTE ]

FB is Facebook.

One of those sites parents should worry about.

4. Wow - I didn't realize you could receive in-game FB messages.. If you don't use it, this shouldn't be happening. [​IMG]

5. NightFlyer

NightFlyer Guest

I've been getting that spam too and don't use FB.

A spam blocker or disable function for non-FB users is reaaly needed. I see this just getting worse in time.

6. Have no fear! A spam filter or solution is in the works. The first day the FB app was introduced I made it a point of spamming every developer sim I could find with a message.

"Spam-o-gram".

I'm pretty sure they are aware of the problem [​IMG]

You don't actually receive anything other than an alert that someone has posted a message on your Facebook avatar's wall. To actually read the message you have to login to Facebook.

So far the only thing that prevents you from getting these in-game alerts when you login is to put that person on ignore. I hope they come up with a better solution.

Once we have the abilitity to control our own friendships, I would imagine we will have a setting to allow these types of messages only from friends.