1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ingots...er none actually.

Discussion in 'UO Lake Austin' started by SLACK, Jun 17, 2010.

1. SLACK

SLACK Guest

Are there any miners still on this shard????
    I've hit every vendor rune I have (most of which weren't even there anymore) and I've perused all of the usual Luna vendors and no damn ingots at all!
    REally? Has LA degraded to that? :sad3:

2. Ummm...You just need to know who to ask lol....I know there is still a few in my alliance that still mine..Not me though !!..But I do have a few ingots. Let me know what you need and see if I can get them for you..BTW, why aren't you out mining??? oops did I say that out loud..me bad :(

3. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

I burned thru most of my stuff for POF BODS ... <shrug> Even then if I have >4K of anything I'm doing well.

4. I know your pain. I can't find any ingots to buy.

I would mine like crazy and sell them, but I can't justify the time in selling the little I get.

5. Tek

Tek Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

It should be no surprise- with all of the talk about banning / preventing scripting people are either stopping their script miners or they are hording what ingots they have expecting the prices to go up as resources get more rare.

Guess you boys better go get a shovel and a pack horse.

6. Delbrie

Delbrie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I am always stocking ingots on my vendors. the problem is with my pricing they sell out fast. If you let me know what you are looking for I will save the order for you.

My prices per 1 k ingots

iron 12k
    dull 35k
    shadow 40k
    copper 45k
    bronze 50k
    gold 55k
    agapite 60k
    verite 65k
    valortie 70k

7. I would jack those prices up, you are still more than fair at 30% increase. :)

8. TheVampster

TheVampster Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mining is one of the things I'm going to be doing. Once I get a bunch of ingots saved up, and can start mining stuff besides iron, gonna make a vendor. As far as the iron goes, probably use that to raise my blacksmithing, etc. It still sucks about the whole mining spot thing. On my old account, Anvil's (my legendary bs/miner) runebook collection for each ore would of been obsolete. I guess you still had tons of spots to mine though.. Anvil is still around I think. Not totally sure on that though. I fired up ICQ the other day (had to download the new one), was trying to contact some old friends which I will probably see in game soon anyway. It's funny, when I made that character long ago (2001), people used to get me confused with a different Anvil that I don't even think played anymore. After I sold my account, I'm sure people came up to my Anvil and thought I was still playing that character.. heheh

As far as Nagash and Mosiah, don't really think he played these characters as much as Anvil. It would be weird to run into my old characters, especially after playing that account for over 5 years.

9. Painted Elves

Painted Elves Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Yes.

When I'm not being lazy and actually have vendors up I usually sell ingots here and there.
    You might try NPC vendors, you can still find the ingots pretty cheap...

10. Delbrie

Delbrie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

there are quite a few places in tram that are selling ingots. These players usually have only one or two vendors up and are off the beaten path. You just have to look. I have always stocked ingots, the probl;em is that they are gone withing a few hours. With SP now available from minning, I suspect you will see more ingots and mining resources available.

11. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Yeah, with Saltpeter coming from boat mining and mining in dungeons, you could probably upgrade to High Seas, start mining those places for your ingots, and make a fortune selling any incidental Saltpeter from the Nitre deposits you find (miners in luck suits - what has the world come to?)

I just love how jerks from the big shards shout me down, claiming things like the basic peerless ingredients (like taint) are TOO COMMON, when here you have a hard time finding ingots on vendors, let alone more expensive ingredients like Taint.

12. LunaCityVendors

LunaCityVendors Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

=======================================
    ive got over 450k ingots,, lots of taint etc, a vendor at my 18x18 with ingot
    deeds always on him..

13. Smurcoch

Smurcoch Guest

Sorry Slack, What I mine, I use.

Friggen bods take a lot of ingots.

I do feel your pain though, I can never find any for sale.