1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

ingrediant source list

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by Percivalgoh, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

Is there a list of where to get the various ingrediants? I just figured out how to get stuff for chocolate items (killing paragons) ok I know I have been remiss but really when ilshenar first came out I didn't have a cook so I wasn't interested :) but where do you get mento seasoning and samuels secret sauce?

2. Lady Laurel

Lady Laurel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni LOST

Mento Seasoning, Samuel's Secret Sauce and Dark Truffle are all ingredients that you buy from NPC Tavern keeper on the Sea Market

3. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

Besides paragons, you can also harvest pulp from cocoa trees to make cocoa butter and cocoa liquor. You can also grow sugar cane to harvest sacks of sugar.

4. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

So what do you have to kill to get sugar cane seeds? I got some cocoa tree seeds from and Idoc recently so I am set on cocoa pulp.

5. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

6. elspeth

elspeth Guest

Sugar cane from Group 2 - Juka Mage, Kappa and Plague Beasts

UO Stratics *New* | Fragrant and Peculiar Seeds

Unfortunately I don't believe they produce seeds like the cocoa. But, the sacks of sugar don't stack anyways so probably best to just make one plant and only take one sack of sugar off at a time. I haven't ever done it myself yet though.

7. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor

I think if you double-click the old sacks of sugar, they turn into the new sacks of sugar that stack.

8. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor

My sugar stacks, now we just need stackable cocoa liqueur, cocoa butter, vanilla and ginger.

Attached Files:

9. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

Vanilla stacks... so far the only ingrediant that I have more than one of.

10. elspeth

elspeth Guest

vanilla and sugar stack now??? awesome!!

11. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

Any of you hunt Kappa? What is that lifeforce drain they do? Went out to kill a bunch of Kappa and got 4 different peculiar seeds and one type of fragrant seeds. I assume the fragrant seeds are cocoa?

12. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

well so I still don't know what that lifeforce drain is but I killed a bunch of Kappa with my archer swords chivalry guy. They throw acid but other than that are easy to kill for my archer. Got a bunch of seeds that sorted themselves into 5 stacks. I am guessing the fragrant seeds are cococa and I think I got lucky and chose to plant a single seed from the smallest stack of seeds figuring that would likely be the sugar cane. I checked the harvest gump and it has a resource and no seeds so I guessed right? So much to learn about this game...it's endless

13. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor

Could also be one of the Cypress trees, they give bark fragments.

14. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

Thanks...... so much to learn. Well I am currently just using a single raised bed to grow everything so I will wait for spaces to open up after my current set of plants finish harvesting. I was suprised to learn that cocoa plants give seeds of renewal also. Do they have mutant color variations?

15. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor

You can only get mutant (black/white) colors from cross-breeding, and you can't cross-breed the peculiar plants.

16. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

In the section on Frangrant and Peculiar seeds it say something about "Colored Plant Oddities". What's that about?

17. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

Well so it turns out the first seed I planted is likely cyprus although it hasn't shown itself yet. But I did plant from another batch of seeds that had resources and no seeds and due to magic of fertile dirt it is sugar cane yay! So now I have my cocoa tree, my sugar cane.......just need a vanilla plant and I'm all set :)

18. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Hey Perc... I used my bard to keep provo'ing them on each other, with the occasional EV thrown in... They're easy to deal with...

19. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

Shhhh don't tell every one :) (They are about 2 or 3 shots with my archer)

20. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Exactly... of the 3 monsters that can drop the Sugar Cane seeds, these are by far the easiest... Especially since they continually re-spawn with as many as you can kill and, if you pick your spot, virtually no "interrupting" spawn will bother you... Just the occasional Elite Ninja, but they're no biggie either...

Just sayin...

:gun:

21. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

well I went to the Kappa spot by the lake and while I haven't spent a whole lot of time there so far only thing attacked me other than a Kappa was a lesser hiryu although there seems to be a dread spider nearby he hasn't bothered with me yet. Haven't seen the Ninja yet although I hear they are around that moongate.