1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Inscrip/Mystic/magery template... help please

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Nessai, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Nessai

Nessai Guest

Hey.

I 'just' returned to UO after nearly ten years off, I want to hear if anyone can help me a bit with a temp. I dont know it its good, so let me hear what you have to say :)

100 Inscription
    120 Magery
    120 Mystic
    120 Eval int
    120 focus
    120 resist.

I want to know if i would lag MR with this temp for PVM? iv heard that resist in pvm isnt that important anymore is that true? and if so, should i drop resist for medi for max mana regian?

2. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I don't have a mage so I don't know much about mage templates but I'm really a fan of this player (previously posted on uoguide) who is playing a mystic mage. I think she also has discordance but I'm not sure. Here she is killing a grave robber in less than a minute:

3. John II SRC

John II SRC Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I would say that you won't have to max out all those skills. An imbued set of jewelry can easily take up 30% of about 3 skills plus a bit extra on the side, so that you would have 90% left. I might be wrong (others will bash me if so), but for maximum mana regeneration I would go for 120 meditation and 90 Focus (with the skill points you saved with the jewelry). As I understand it, Meditation gets you better mana reg than Focus and you can actively meditate, which immensely boosts your mana reg again.

If you need help with the jewelry or any other equipment which would be helpful for your char, just give me a shout and I will sort it out for you.

4. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Inscription and resist aren't that important for PVM, you would be better off taking 120 Spellweaving for access to a range of helpful and powerful damage spells then also have meditation at GM to help with mana regeneration.

5. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

100 Inscription Meditation
    120 Magery
    120 Mystic
    120 Eval int
    120 focus
    120 resist Spellweaving

I have very little experience with spellcaster chars. But after this small correction the total set looks much better for me :).