1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Inscription] Inscription - additional skills?

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Rhiannon, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Ok, here's what I did: my 1st and main character (and ONLY character until about 2004) Rhiannon was a scribe. She had 100 inscription for many years. She was the scriber of untold spellbooks, runebooks, BOD books, you name it.

This year, I wanted to use that character to be an effective mage. I got a template from a mentor and friend and one thing he had me do was soul stone inscription.

I still wanted my crafted scribed items to have Rhiannon's name on them (call me OCD - it fits). So I created a NEW character named Rhiannon and her job is simply to scribe our books for use and for sale. I moved inscription to the new Rhiannon.

I'm noticing that new Rhiannon is getting less spellbooks with added modifiers.

My question is: what other skills does she need to get those better books?

2. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

She needs magery for extra modifiers. The minimum magery skill you need to get mods is 80, but with that level, you will only get one mod.
    You will want 120 magery for max chance on getting 3 mods books.

3. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Thanks for the response, Bealank. I figured that might be the problem. Rhiannon I has 115 magery. Still working on the gold for that 120 magery PS. I think I'll just soulstone the skill and use it when needed. I don't have the energy, gold or time to get Rhiannon II to 120 Magery.

4. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Well, it doesn't have to be real skill.
    You can bring it to 120 through jewelry. 115 magery should do okay too. I used to make some pretty decent books with that.
    Please note that for mysticism or necro books, you need to have over 80 mystic or necro too.

5. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yet another reason to soulstone it. Rhiannon I is working on mysticism. Rhiannon II has zero. I did what I planned and the 2nd book Rhiannon I made had two attributes including 15 LRC. Definitely a good plan. :)

6. Han Telemnar

Han Telemnar Adventurer

Tisk tisk Rhiannon...I thought taught you better! Soul stone everything!! Soul stones have made the possibility of having every possible template a single account ;P

Guess who's back to UO?

-Player of Han Telemnar

7. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

See what happens when you leave? I get myself into trouble, make mistakes, DIE - a LOT. So don't leave again. Ever.